When does the Finish Streak bonus max out?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Decker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

The bonus to IP and XP from finishing consecutive games without leaving is pretty cool, rewarding people like me who are willing to stick it out to the end. When does it max out, if at all?

I tried searching for the answer to this and couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance!

The Crow

01-16-2010

i think at like +23 IP?

Zhephiston

01-16-2010

It's +23 IP for wins and +14 IP for losses (not sure why it's higher for wins, seems like you should be rewarded for not leaving losing games. oh well.)

I assume those are the max's because it hasn't gone any higher in well over 100 consecutive games.

Decker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Cool, thanks guys.

Psychlops

10-28-2010

anyone know what the sequence is for the bonus? i.e. do you get +1 for the second game, +3 for the 3rd game, +7 for the 4th game... etc.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlops View Post
anyone know what the sequence is for the bonus? i.e. do you get +1 for the second game, +3 for the 3rd game, +7 for the 4th game... etc.
Interesting necro, but I believe its +3 or 4 each game
I'm trying to get Riot to raise the cap https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d.php?t=208806

Psychlops

10-29-2010

I was just trying to figure out what the "benefit" is really worth.

For instance if it takes 8 games to cap and you win half of those games you'll get something like 50 IP bonus over those 8 games while you're building the streak but in the next 8 games assuming you win half you'll get 148IP so if you leave a game you basically gave away 100 IP. If you never leave, Riot basically gives you a free win's worth of IP for every 6 games you play. 3 wins and 3 losses = 111 IP

I do think they should penalize leavers more drastically. This can come in the form of a slight buff to those who never leave or a big penalty to those who leave a lot.

For instance if you gave people +2 IP for every 20 additional games without a leave guys who play 200 straight games are earning another 20 IP a game. Not many people will want to eat a leave at that point. The unfortunate thing is if you have a non voluntary DC and you lose your streak that would suck but... for the guys in the game you left it doesn't matter to them that it was accidental or that you have a bad internet connection it just sucked so it's ok if your streak ends.

Goblintrain

10-29-2010

Im not going to be the judge about how much they should penalize leavers, i imagine you need access to a lot of data to determine that. What frosts my weenie is that i have been very very careful about not being a quitter for over 800 games yet in the match making process, i will be teamed with some one who quits every other game they enter. Players who finish matches deserve to be matched with similar players, it's just a basic courtesy. Players who quit deserve to be matched with other players who quit. You should be able to earn your team mates, not just have them given to you by a blind, random process!

Psychlops

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblintrain View Post
Im not going to be the judge about how much they should penalize leavers, i imagine you need access to a lot of data to determine that. What frosts my weenie is that i have been very very careful about not being a quitter for over 800 games yet in the match making process, i will be teamed with some one who quits every other game they enter. Players who finish matches deserve to be matched with similar players, it's just a basic courtesy. Players who quit deserve to be matched with other players who quit. You should be able to earn your team mates, not just have them given to you by a blind, random process!
I agree. I never quit and I've almost never dodged, those stats should be visible pre game, because I don't care if you pick clarity on garen I would rather play with a noob than someone with no heart and I would dodge leavers if the percent seemed too high. we're investing 40 minutes in a game Riot should allow us to see that we're not investing it on a fly by night player who doesn't care about screwing the quality players over.

Alv

11-24-2010

bump?