Hero Combos

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooldude1234

01-16-2010

Hey, I was just wondering what you guys would think to be some great hero combos to lane with, mainly the start of the game to mid game.

Thanks for any help guys!

Travice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Blitz+anybody, Teemo+twitch(play very carefully), Taric+soraka(make your opponents ragequit), Nidalee+shaco

Just to name a few of my favorites, beware of having two squishies in lane together though, that's just asking to get ganked.

Mpalm

01-16-2010

Essentially, any champion with a Stun works well with champions with their own high damage nukes and stuns. Champions with a heal are good no matter what because they help push down towers much more effectively and allow you to play more aggressively.

A few great champions to lane with include Blitz, Alistar, CM, Annie, Taric, Dr. Mundo, Anivia, and singed.

It's also usually a good choice to not put two squishy champions in the same lane. If the enemy pulls a 3 or 4 man gank on one of your lanes and you have two champions that fall like paper bags you are going to be at a serious disadvantage. However, if you have a tank to absorb damage and disrupt, chances are one hero will be able to make it out alive.

AmyOverlord

01-16-2010

Squishies usually have more chance to get away than tanks do, skill wise.

I also see no advantage to laning with TF. Sure, he can stun with Gold Card, but that's about it. :|

If you used Twitch and Shaco (two squishies), and they were going to become ganked soon, Shaco can Deceive and Twitch can Stealth. How2catch???

Mpalm

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post

I also see no advantage to laning with TF. Sure, he can stun with Gold Card, but that's about it. :|

If you used Twitch and Shaco (two squishies), and they were going to become ganked soon, Shaco can Deceive and Twitch can Stealth. How2catch???
Tanks can disrupt while your softer heroes get away by using stuns/knockbacks.

Gold card > wildcards deals heavy damage, combine that with someone like Blitz or alistar who can stun... good luck staying alive.

Why would you have twitch and shaco in the same lane competing for minion kills? Sure, you can say very situational things like "oh he blinks away and the other goes stealth" but so can I. Say we have a CM and also a vision ward in the lane. Two champions, say blitz + 1 are against Twitch + shaco. CM ults, blitz grabs the twitch CM teleports and stuns the shaco... they are both in vision of ward, they will fall MUCH faster than if you have a tank there to help soak / disrupt. What is twitch going to do without a tank there to stun/push away the gankers? Hope he has flash and you don't have exhaust. Same goes for shaco.

DamnPandaHands

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post

Tf is one of the beetter multi-lane pushers and can stun every couple seconds. That is enough reason to want to lane with him. As soon as he gets a sheen, the lane becomes impossible to handle. If coupled with a tank, towers get blue'd down in the initial few levels of the match and allow for quick progression in items. Also he is never running to the lane, he is just always there.

edino

01-16-2010

blitz + anyone, ryze/rammus + hard hitting carrier. Fiddlestick + nunu + karthas.... and so on

Pylat

01-16-2010

A couple of friends and I have been toying around with a 5 man build. we have never been able to to test the whole team, since we are only 3 atm.

the combo consist of:

Alistar with Twisted fate
Blitzcrank with veigar
Ashe solo mid.

The build is focused on laying down massive disruption and AOE damage in team fights. all champs are selected for contributing to the team with a disruptive element.
The build lacks a dedicated lategame carry. but we find that ashe will be able to fulfill that role to a decent extend. since we find that stun and slow is much more important than pure DPS from say master yi / twitch etc.
weak point of the strategy includes ashe solo mid, since she can have a hard time vs heroes like twitch and teemo.
strong point of the strategy is that its impossible to escape when 2-3 heroes decide to gank, because of all the stun and snares. blitz, alistar and sometimes ashe are all great initiators.