Math and Runes (Melee)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamstasis

01-15-2010

I've done some math for a level one melee character based on using runes of all attack speed, all damage per level (but for this example flat rate damage) and all crit chance.

the rest is left up to you but numbers never lie.

(this is based off of my level 23 summoner)

Criticle Chance

all 7 red = 6.51%
all 7 blue = 1.96%
all 7 yellow = 2.94%
and two quintessences
totaling 15.13% at level one.

while this is impressive it leaves alot of chance and relies on the partnership of attack speed.

Attack Speed

all 7 blue = 4.48%
all 7 yellow = 6.3%
all 7 red = 11.9%
and two quintessences
totaling 27.86%

this equals out to about .799 attacks per second. While this is fairly decent, it leaves something to be desired with damage.

Attack Damage

(you get the gist of my numbers so I'll sum it up)
Totaling 9.718 (if this game rounds) 9.72

in this example I'm using level 1 stats, I'll look up more mechanics and such for level 18 and level 8 stats. (level 8 because it can be a turning point or 10 if you prefer.)
also note that in this example I'm using an 8 second timer for attacking. (Since it doesn't take too long to kill a foe)

For Attack Speed in 8 seconds you attack a total of 6.392 times, and since attacks don't round in the end result, its 6 times. at level one the base rate for damage is 56 so totaling to 336 damage. With no criticle hit chance.

For Criticle hit chance in 8 seconds you attack a total of 5 times, for 56 damage totaling to 280 with a 15.13% criticle chance, allowing atleast one criticle hit to land. dealing 112 damage instead of 56 so totaling up to 336.

For Damage 5 attacks of 64 damage totaling 320 damage. With no criticle hit chance.

for later levels I'll need a more comprehensive grasp on the game mechanics.

for this example I used Master Yi's base stats for level one.

wildfire393

01-15-2010

I don't know what math you were using for attack speed, but I assure you it is wrong.

Base attack speed for Yi is roughly .7 attacks per second. A full page of Tier 3 Attack Speed (forget your janky 27 runes) is roughly 40%. This increases .7 to ~.98 (probably lower because I've rounded these numbers a bit. Yi's base attack is something like .68... and 30 runes is like 38...%). Where do you get 1.74 attacks per second from? This would be ridiculously good.

discomatt

01-15-2010

You mean the malady and recurve I get on twitch for about 1.5 can be replaced with runes? Sweet!

dreamstasis

01-15-2010

the numbers for attack speed are actually .799 attacks per second... oooops... ^^;;;

thanks for correcting me.

dreamstasis

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
I don't know what math you were using for attack speed, but I assure you it is wrong.

Base attack speed for Yi is roughly .7 attacks per second. A full page of Tier 3 Attack Speed (forget your janky 27 runes) is roughly 40%. This increases .7 to ~.98 (probably lower because I've rounded these numbers a bit. Yi's base attack is something like .68... and 30 runes is like 38...%). Where do you get 1.74 attacks per second from? This would be ridiculously good.
I looked right at the base rate in the character sheet. it said .625

and my math was wrong because I was looking at the amount added, not the total amount. though I guess I should be doing math for the whole page not just the amount I have.

Eruend

01-15-2010

Thing about Attack damage runes is that they are only good early game. They lose much of their luster as the game progresses and you get pumped with items that give out the same/more attack.

Attack speed however scales well with attack power and doesn't leave things to chance like crit.

Crit is awesome though if you can manage to get to 80%+ quick enough.

Onisaki

01-16-2010

what about armor penetration ?

dreamstasis

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onisaki View Post
what about armor penetration ?
once again, I'm not entirely sure of the game mechanics... I'm going to go look it up later though.

Vert3X

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

I always thought armor penetration was the best for late game. That or attack speed. Anyways, 30 of 1 rune probably isn't a good idea anyways as you won't have survivability.