Udyr Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

miniman542

01-16-2010

hey just recently started to play udyr and was wondering if anyone has any tips for jungling with him? I was thinking about this item build:

cloth armor + 5 health pots/ vampiric scepter

boots of mobility

malady/triforce

phantom dancer

if game continues:

infinity edge

summoner spells:

rally/smite

I usually just started with lizard but now i am considering starting with easier mobs until like level 3-5

thanks in advance

Ghostraider

01-16-2010

I usually go golem first starting off with cloth armor and 3 health potions turtle as my first skill following that phoenix. Never used rally when jungling with Udyr by the time i kill all of my creep camps i usually have enough for madreds. I then head down to dragon at lv 4 with lizard buff it should go down pretty fast if your timing your turtle and phoenix correctly.

Smite + Ghost

8/21/1 Masteries

My item order is as follows:

Cloth + 3 hp potions
Madreds
Berserker greaves (Udyr needs plenty of attack speed for phoenix spam every little helps)
Stark's Fervor or Malady if somone is getting starks
Trinity Force
Madreds Bloodrazor ( At this point with another person i can Baron very quickly)
Defensive item Banshee veil or Guardian Angel

miniman542

01-16-2010

which spells would you start off with using?

edit: nvm found it :P

Delite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Ignore formatting, just copied and pasted from guild forums:

Quote:
Ever since the last content patch, Udyr has just been a beast in terms of jungling. In the last patch his changes included:

Quote:
Bear Stance Movement Speed burst decreased to 15/18/21/24/27 from 18/22/26/30/34
While Phoenix Stance’s activation effect is active, Udyr’s ability power is increased by 24/36/48/60/72 and attack damage is increased by 12/18/24/30/36
Monkey’s Agility’s effect will now stay stacked if you continue swapping abilities
Monkey’s Agility Dodge Chance decreased to 4% from 6%
Shared ability Cooldown lowered from 2.5 to 1.5
Shared ability Cooldown will only apply to abilities with cooldowns less than it
I've seen in game where people would say, I'm going to start jungling at level 5, level 6, level 3, etc. Honestly what's the point? The reason I say what's the point of starting late is that you can honestly even outlevel the mid solo lane person. Seriously. An example. This morning in a game with Ellander and forgot who the other person was, by the time our solo mid was level 6, I was level 9. You usually overtake mid's level by level 3.

Summoner Abilities:
Smite
Whatever you want ( Some people say Rally to help, but personally I like to have atleast one ability for ganking so personally I'd say something like Exhaust, Flash, Ignite, whatever floats your boat. )

Item Setup:

5x Health Pots
Green Elixir ( Optional but really recommended, I've lately been messing around not buying it at the start, but ... you tend to get really close to dying on the first couple of pulls, so hoenstly I'd say buy it if your just starting )

Rest doesn't really matter to be honest you can get whatever you want. Personally I go Nashor's Tooth -> Boots -> Triforce -> Rageblade -> whatever just to play into my phoenix style gameplay.

Abilities:
1.) Phoenix
2.) Turtle
3.) Phoenix
4.) Turtle
5.) Bear ( For ganking purposes )

As for the rest, I'd say it depends on how you want to play it. Personally if I have no problem catching people with the 1 point in bear, I continue going (priority-wise) Phoenix = Turtle > Bear > Tiger.

Where to start:

Start on the weak creep ( 3 wolves, if you have the 2 golems, just ignore and go straight to the golem ) by the Golem buff. You have ( I forget the exact amount 15s? ), to kill this group before the golem spawns, which is more than enuff time. Pop one of your potions and engage. When you finish off this group you should still be practically at full health. Pop potion and engage. Make sure to blow your smite on the golem or you may get your face rocked.

"OH SNAP I'M LEVEL 8 AND MIDDLE IS STILL LEVEL 6!"

One of my biggest pet peeves is when you outlevel everyone and you don't take advantage of it. If your team is pushed back to their tower ( typically whoever you left as the second solo ). Take advantage of your level advantage and go and help gank if needed be. It not only benefits your team, but with you outleveling even mid, ****ting on top and bottom lane only puts them even farther behind.

Advantages:
Potentionally 3 carries ( The 2 solo lanes, as well as yourself )
You 3 should be pretty stocked on gold since you're not fighting for last hits
You outlevel everyone if done right
If done right you don't have to BP untill the map is clear of creeps.
You can dragon at lvl 4 (risky) or level 5 (safely) *[Caution: make sure you have blue buff. See Blue Buff section]
Not item reliant at all. (Like how you see warwicks getting blood razers... it doesn't matter what you buy after the first 5 pots & Elixir.)
You're a ****in ManBearCatBirdTurtle Man.

Disadvantages:
Enemy Junglers will DRASTICALLY slow down your leveling for obvious reasons
Very Reliant on Blue Buff at the start.
You have to take smite ( God I hate that spell )
Your have to take smite ( God I REALLY hate that spell )
You're name begins with a "U" ( I can't think of a single person that's cool that begins with a U.)

Blue Buff:
This, without a doubt is what keeps you trucking early on. Hell, it's what keeps you farming non-stop. Stance dancing eats a crazy amount of mana early on. When you go in for the dragon early on make sure you have the blue buff, and you have a decent amount of mana to when you start, granted it doesn't have to be full, but atleast take around half mana to be safe. Always be wary of where your mana bar stands before you engage early on, because going oom and not being able to shift and keep your dodge / turtle shield up can be the difference between you running to the next mob and your face being in the dirt.

Closing Notes:
I want to re-point out this really isn't a how to play udyr, this is moreso a how do I get started jungling ASAP. I also want to point out this is if your jungling, if your laning I would not recommend the same build obviously. If I'm laning I tend to always go along the Bear > Turtle > Tiger > Phoenix Priority, and a complete different set of items including IE, Phantom Dancer, etc.

boni

01-16-2010

Delite, what about Masteries? 0/21/9 I guess?

Delite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by boni View Post
Delite, what about Masteries? 0/21/9 I guess?
I do, 21-0-9.

Haven't really ran into a situation where I said to myself "I could have survived that if I was defense specced". This includes against players.

WesleyC

01-16-2010

I wrote a jungling guide :P

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=47131