Is Mundo's PRIMARY function a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirelyght

04-28-2011

Mundo ....simply walks into mordor....if he pleases

i love how you silly people fight over mundo's role....he fills whatever he needs to fill....if he runs at you while on fire and hurling a cleaver at your face then its safe to say he's initiating.

if he wants to melee he melee's.....stop trying to pigeonhole him like you know what your talking about....you dont...the end.

The SHP

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirelyght View Post
i love how you silly people fight over mundo's role....he fills whatever he needs to fill...

This. I mean, he really does go where he pleases, not just spacially, but occupationally.

He does what he does. If he needs to be a tank, he can. If he needs to dps, he can. If he wants to be a bruiser, he can. There's no point in trying to always tag every champ, some just don't follow those tags

to me, he's an off-tank, or a bruiser, depending on the team needs. But that's not to say he can't be a full tank, or a full dps (neither of which are ideal, frankly, since he has no hard cc or damage reduction, and atrocious AS, but w/e). Play him how you want to play him. Just don't be surprised when someone else plays him differently

BabyNinjaJesus

04-29-2011

his intended design was to be a tanky dps

he turned into a huge soak because of how the ulti and the W worked along with the extra damage off the E making him a threat and his Q doing % damage

like how akali was intended to be a hybrid yet turned into a AP caster because she thrives on short burst cycles and gtfo'ing or bouncing between kill targets in a team fight rather than doing mediocre damage and vamping mediocre amounts

Wisewind

04-29-2011

his role is an offensive tank and his job is to stay in the enemy carries face and pressure them so they won't attack your carries.

reiaopn

04-29-2011

Lack of CC could be remedied with a crystal scepter???? Run around with his magic circles dealing increased magic damage from the scepter, slowing them in addition to whenever his cleaver is up, and just generally controlling the piss out of things like that?!?

A Cute 8 YO Girl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

The best part about Mundo is that you can build almost purely Tank and still do massive damage. I usually run with Spirit Visage, Force of Nature, Merc treads, Sunfire Cape, Warmogs, Atma's.

Late game I have almost exactly 195 MR 195 Armor and 200 damage, popping my steroid just makes me a beast.

The Bronugget

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claricorp View Post
beefy deeps is the right way to go.

Randuins + Ghostblade + Merc Treads is a very standard tanky deeps build
That, and a SV and you're pretty much set. Mundo as a tank during a teamfight is just intimidation.. until you realize his damage is that limited with nothing but HP/Resists.

HMS BUTTPEE

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attico View Post
Amen to this thread!

I get tired of being told to tank on him. When we have a real tank, and I can build AS and a bit of beef, I can easily go 15/5/15 and lead my team to victory. If I have to pure tank, they just kill my team, then chase me down and kill me .
Yes, amen to this thread.

Mundo can't be a tank. But he's a great anti-carry. Build some beef and some deeps and stick your jibbly purple bits into that poor Yi's face until he cries for mommy.

Larson McMurphy

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbu View Post
Mundo's primary function is to be Mundo and go where he pleases.
This

Mundo excels at going where he pleases. Because of this I think he's best suited for the role of anti-carry. In a round about way its kind of like being a tank. Mundo protects his team by making the most dangerous carry on the enemy team die a horrible horrible death regardless of what his team tries to do to prevent it. And he draws focus in doing so.

Warmog's, merc treads, atma's is core. What you build after that is less important.