Rank Queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rotis4

01-27-2011

Why is that I get a leave and loss in Elo when the client freezes during queue selection? Surely someone leaving in queue isn't as inconveniencing for other players as leaving during a game?

Surely there is a better way to manage this, right?

Fireadept

01-28-2011

This happened to a friend of mine. The client froze when he was selecting masteries and he lost elo for "leaving" a ranked game. How does that make any sense?

Also, if you see somebody is AFK in your queue and doesn't pick a champion, is it not acceptable to dodge? This happened to me twice, and I couldn't really do anything but accept a lose because either way I lose elo, but if I dodge I get "leaver" branded onto my arse.

What if you're queueing up for a game and something comes up, so you have to leave? How does having to leave before the game starts make you a worse player? That is, assuming the elo system is designed to track how good of a player you are, which I am starting to suspect is not the real intention of elo.

TL;DR the elo system is broken. Don't solo queue in a ranked game. Ever.

Dezvul Xenillith

01-28-2011

same thoughts here, although i do strongly feel that morons shouldn't be able to queue dodge ranked for the champs they want (or to get a team comp that fits their champ), but instead should learn to adapt (that's how you become a better player), i also feel that there are many situations that are ok, if somebody decides he is gonna troll w/ revive or is simply afk it shouldn't be on your head to have a bad team comp (or somebody w/ a free to play champ they have never played before) but instead on their heads, and if it's because they freeze up then it should just allow for a new queue w/out giving them a leave and a loss

personally i don't see how you can keep both sides of this argument w/out giving up on the other though, if there are exceptions they will take advantage and queue dodge for teams that fit their champ...

i feel at a loss though and im not gonna argue this very much

Larynth

01-29-2011

Bottom line is the matchmaker needs to be fixed if you intend to penalise people for feeling they need to dodge. If it is clear that 3 out of the 5 have no concept before you launch into the game the 2 who do shouldn't loose rating because the system failed to properly match them. Ranked Q's should have a maximum Elo differential between highest on each team and lowest on the oppisite team of no greater than 200. Also players with no game experience shouldn't start with a 1000 elo, they should start unranked at a soft 1000 and only Q with other inexperienced players untill they have played at least 10 ranked games. By which time they should be below 800 if they are really bad and not impact the players in "elo hell" the way they currently do.

MintiFresh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2011

riot's elo system sucks the p3nis, that's all there is to it.

FFs V

09-08-2011

I had to dodge ranked queue twice to find out that i lost elo when i dodged it (because of afkers and a pair of guys taking revive rally karthus and such, obvious trollers who were gonna feed and once my client froze and i got kicked out of queue). Sooo... I think its pretty intense that you have to loose around 10 ELO if you leave the queue.

Do something about it.