[Question] Katarina & damage amplification stats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Hi guys

I have 2 quick questions;

1) Will magic penetration allow the damage to be factored as a negative magic resistance % ? For example, if they have 30 MR and it reduces 25% dmg taken, and then I have 40 Magic pen, does that go past simply nullifying the +25%, and increase dmg taken? I know this to be true for armor, and black cleaver's reduction below 0.

2) Imp. Rally states it increases 'base' spell damage by 20%. What defines 'base' damage on Katarina's ultimate? It works off of her physical damage.. so does 'base' damage of her ulti mean before including any +attack damage items?

Thanks!

-Graog

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Hey,

1) No. If they have 30 MR and you got 40 MP the damage you deal to them will be as their MR being 0. So no increased damage taken.

2) I think the mastery is not very clear. The buff you get is 20% more ABILITY POWER.

Zirun

01-16-2010

1) There are three types of reductions, Reduction, % Penetration, and Flat Penetration. They take effect in that order, and only Reduction (Black Cleaver for armor, Starcall's effect for MR, for example) can reduce armor/MR below 0. Penetration (like Sorc Boots or Brutalizer) can only reduce to 0.

2) I assume your main concern with this is Death Lotus. If you drop an improved rally WHILE using Death Lotus, you only get the increased spell damage. If you drop the rally BEFORE using Death Lotus, it double dips (for an attack damage build, not an AP build), giving you increased physical damage AND increased magical damage for Death Lotus.

Graog

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
1) There are three types of reductions, Reduction, % Penetration...

2) I assume your main concern with this is Death Lotus...
Thanks man This cleared things up perfectly, and I'm quite pleased I asked about rally. That makes her lotus soooo much deadlier than a flash can, imo.