Aura ranges and some other questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoonieDaCutie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Have some questions which I hope can be answered by you proz out there.

1. What are the ranges on these auras/abilities?
i. Fiddlestick's Dread aura
ii. Stark's Fervor
iii. Aegis of the Legion
iv. Innervating Locket's unique healing effect
v. Soul Shroud
vi. Abyssal Scepter

2. Will there ever be a Mechanics forum? If not, why?

3. How does Cooldown Reduction (as a mechanic) work?

Say I have an ability with a 100 second cooldown. I cast it, it goes on cooldown and 10 seconds into cooldown I purchase an item with 10% cooldown reduction. Do I need to wait for 80 seconds more, 81 seconds more or 90 seconds more before the ability is off cooldown?

Or say, I have another champion, also with an ability with 100 second cooldown. I get within range of my ally who has Soul Shroud. I cast the spell, then proceed to get out of the aura's range as fast as I can. Do I still benefit from the cooldown reduction?

To sum up, is cooldown reduction a reactive ability, or is it a "snapshot" kind?

4. Do auras have fade times? i.e. even after running out of range of an aura, the buff remains for some time?

5. Where can I find the exact stats of neutral minions (lizards,golems,dragons) and the exact stats/durations of the buffs they give?

6. Does the game engine calculate in decimals? Like if I have 1847.384 health, it that actually recorded by the game engine? Or for things like Amumu's despair, does the %-age of HP drained actually go into decimals?

Would be very very very grateful to anyone who can answer these questions! Thanks!

YoonieDaCutie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Bumpity bump dee dum.

YoonieDaCutie

01-17-2010

Sorry to bump this again, seems like no one knows the answers. Anyone knows where I could ask instead?

Baron Corm

01-18-2010

I think another good question is, "Why isn't this information readily available?"

There's a lot of things about this game that you just have to eyeball and assume. I'm not sure anyone knows these answers.