Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMSavior

01-17-2010

Quote:
MBirk:
I would agree if it was instant. which it is not. How is Flash frost not simply a targeted aoe? Because the explosion needs to be timed.

is vegiers meteorite a skill shot?
is nunus ulti a skill shot?

no they are just aoe spells that take some time to go off

just like lay waste

GENERAL NUTBAKED

01-17-2010

viegar's meteorite is a skill shot, as it takes alot of skill to land on your opponent, unless he has an extra chromosome or is afk.

You are thinking more about AoE farming, which I understand, all of these spells could be technically used for AoE farming (though Anivia's would be pretty inefficient). However, I am talking about actually hitting your opponent with the ability. In that case, Anivia, Viegar, Karthus, etc all have skillshots.

Nunu's ability is not a skillshot, as its just a proximity radius. It's as much of a skillshot as Anivia's ulti, Karthus devile, Amumu's ulti, etc. It doesnt have a radius that you have to aim (though Anivia's does, I feel that its radius is just too wide =p)

Charmicarmicarmicat

01-17-2010

It's a skillshot.

dovvntempo

01-17-2010

I agree with you zohariel on the point (though it's not the only one) about playing a support role if your early game wasn't filled with kills. Many times it's because my lane is pretty tanky, or they are harassing me enough that I can't stay around for the combo (arghh, silvir in my lane).

Also Zohariel makes a good point about the combo that I didn't think about before. After that initial GS + FB combo, try to stun them with FF while they are still in the GS aoe. The difference between a good anivia and a bad one is the ability to execute that combo in a variety of situations. Think veigar's event horizon + meteorite. It takes some practice to land it well, and consistently. If you can't manage it, you'll be relying on baleful and your ult for major dps, much like a mediocre anivia will be relying upon half of her combo.

MBirk

01-17-2010

Quote:
dovvntempo:
I agree with you zohariel on the point (though it's not the only one) about playing a support role if your early game wasn't filled with kills. Many times it's because my lane is pretty tanky, or they are harassing me enough that I can't stay around for the combo (arghh, silvir in my lane).

Also Zohariel makes a good point about the combo that I didn't think about before. After that initial GS + FB combo, try to stun them with FF while they are still in the GS aoe. The difference between a good anivia and a bad one is the ability to execute that combo in a variety of situations. Think veigar's event horizon + meteorite. It takes some practice to land it well, and consistently. If you can't manage it, you'll be relying on baleful and your ult for major dps, much like a mediocre anivia will be relying upon half of her combo.

Yes.
Typical Anivia offensive combo:
1.Flashfrost. aimed at where you expect the target to be.
2.Move immediately. (Remember you dont need to sit there while it flys)
3.drop glacial storm on the target location, where you are going to pop FF. (Likely behind them)
4. Explode FF.
5. Frost bite.
6. Attack-lichbane.

Lets assume 315 ap. (Rod of ages, Nashers, 10stacks mejai, lichbane)2,170hp, 380movement.
Using leaguecrafts .5AP. (I could have sworn its .6 in game. Anyone confirm which is correct?)
FF will hit for 338. x2 675.
GS-239 dps.
FB 333. x2 665.
416 attack from lichbane.

This combo will do about 1995 instantly. (pre MR)
914 is aoe. and 239 is still going after the initial attack.

You could also. FF. lichbane attack. GS, then wait for that 3s lichbane to CD to come up for FB-lichbane as well.

Nashers gives a 3.7s CD FB, and a 6.7sCD FF.

Defensive combo is pretty much the same. Except add wall in there. You can fire the stun off on someone that is right on top of you. Yi/Eve/kat.

Soulless

01-17-2010

aniva is a very powerful champ when played correctly.

try building 2 rod of ages early shoot 2 have your second by 25-30 min imo

try using boots of mobility(boots that give 5 to speed when out of combat) with your wall u can usually get out of combat and and get away wtih them

bait people early close to ur tower idk how many times people tower dive early to kill only to find an exhaust on them and die to turret

let your skill shot pass over enemy champs then detonate it to do dmg to them twice

ur wall in the jungle is quite powerful for fleeing or stopping enemy champs

use ur alt to get the cold effect on them and shut it off shortly after and nuke them with frostbite its good way to get cold effect on them

block your ememies escape with ice wall and try to guess witch way the will go and send ur skill shot there

P4r4g0n

01-17-2010

Birdie takes a while to learn....

i've been playing her since closed beta, and im still learning little tricks here and there, and i still screw up walls badly here and there.

For me one of the big things is to be able to focus on a few things at the same time...

throwing your stun, moving for the combo, starting glacial, detonating your stun, maybe throwing in a deathfire for good measure, and cancelling you glacial, all in a very short period, and of course being able to adapt when you do what in that combo and what to do and not to do in that combo...

she takes a lot of finesse to play i think, and alot of experience with her to play well.

the more you play her, the better you get to know her and the better you'll get with her.

Practice games are your friend.