Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
Did you say tank? shes not a tank.
Did you look at her description?

She's one of the strongest nukers in the game. And has many forms of CC on top of that, making her probably the flat out strongest caster.

Frostfire her "skillshot" has long range. It does decent damage in its line of fire. with .6 AP ratio. And when it reaches its target, or you hit the Q again, it explodes dealing another aoe of damage +.6AP ratio, and stunning for .7seconds. So firing off on a target, and exploding it, does double damage, with a 1.2AP ratio, and stunning them. Great for stunning Yi, kat, shaco, Eve, Nunu, or anyone else that is dangerous without a stun. And all its damage snares. Aoe snare, AND stun. This skill is one of, if not the best, in the game.

Wall is your late game skill. Not very useful early. Many characters can just avoid it as well. But it does often work well at slowing targets down. Runners, who don't have their skills up, need to run around it. Delaying escape, allowing more dps to hit them. or make them stay in aoe longer. Splitting team battles up as well.

Frost burn is your single target nuke. Like FF it also does double damage, if targeting a chilled target. Your ult and FF count as chilling. I am not sure if phage/frozen mallet/rylais/frost arrow or nunu's skill count. It too gets .6ap ratio, which is effectively 1.2 since pretty much it will always be used on a chilled target.

Storm is just a decent aoe damage skill. Nothing really special to note. good range, snares, burns mana like a champ.
Recent patch should have lowered the mana cost, making it more useful.

AP is great for Anivia. And with all your aoe skills, yo wil get kills an assists. so, tear-angels, mejais. Then get some hp/cd red. spirit shroud. More ap. Lichbane/voidstaff.

Only Sivir can farm cash as easily as Anivia as well, with all those powerful aoes.
you shouldnt really give advice when you have no clue what you're talking about

ap ratios are .5 on flash frost / frostbite and .25 on glacial storm

as i said earlier

also, she works as a secondary tank if your team needs one (you can get like 4500 life on her making it an effective 9k life the enemy team has to kill, with armor and mr that can get up to like 16000, very tanky if you ask me) although not her best role, it can be done with flying colours

the stun is .75 seconds, not .7 (although it doesnt really matter)

wall is an amazing early game spell, it can be cast in bushes to check for ganks (gives vision) it can be cast in front of a fleeing hero to snag that kill at level 4(usually when i get it is level 4 or 8, depending on how the game is going)

great tool to help you escape as well

her ulti should never get you under half mana in the duration of a team battle late game

also its ****ing insane, like 250 aoe dps + aoe slow + long range (can be cast to stop fleeing heroes if wall is on c/d or just to last hit a hero with minimal life because FF is easier to dodge)

rod should usually always be your first item, sorc shoes are usually the boots you want to go for

usually i go rod > boots > tear

but it really depends on the game (generally i like to stay away from snowballing items like soul stealer)

for summoner spells i usually go teleport/clarity and exhaust/ignite

depending on what my team needs

clarity / ignite is a good combo, ignite ensures that firstblood a lot of times, and other kills during the game

and clarity helps you stay in lane, so you can get a health crystal first instead of a mana one, which helps a lot if the enemy team tried to harass you

im not the best anivia player by far, but i am getting fairly decent in my opinion and i absolutely love her

she can make or break some games, with her insane aoe dmg / nuke in team battles

her ability to defend base against a whole team until hell freezes over can buy you the time you need for a comeback if you are losing

shes just an all round strong hero (except her ****ing auto attack)

MBirk

01-16-2010

Without quoting that big long, extra spaced for no reason post.

Its been a bit since I played her, but I think leaguecrafts ap ratios are wrong. I could have sworn its .6 ap.

Anivia has one of, it not the lowest innate hp levels of any champ. 1580ish at 18. Annie/Janna/corki have 1780ish or more for example.
Saying you could stack hp for 4k on her, is like saying you could on ANY champ. Her innate armor and MR is also lower then most.
And she is one of if not the slowest innate champ as well. she is not a tank. She is dps/support. Excellent at controlling, and dps.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Quote:
Without quoting that big long, extra spaced for no reason post.

Its been a bit since I played her, but I think leaguecrafts ap ratios are wrong. I could have sworn its .6 ap.

Anivia has one of, it not the lowest innate hp levels of any champ. 1580ish at 18. Annie/Janna/corki have 1780ish or more for example.
Saying you could stack hp for 4k on her, is like saying you could on ANY champ. Her innate armor and MR is also lower then most.
And she is one of if not the slowest innate champ as well. she is not a tank. She is dps/support. Excellent at controlling, and dps.
she can be a better tank then most tanks because of her second life doubling her hp making her extremely hard to kill

if you need a tank, get a RoA or 2x RoA(depending on how early you can get them) banshees veil, abyssal scepter, frozen heart, arch angels, and boots of choice

you get like 4k hp + like 180-200ish armor + 150+ magic resist

your hp would be around 3800, making you have an effective 7kish hp with armor and MR

plus egg gets bonus armor and MR so like 7.5k-8k effective life in egg form is a hell of a lot of life to kill, the fact that your egg will generally get focus fired in team battles(its just too easy of a target to pass up, plus you dont really want her viving to kick more ass) you tank a ****load more dmg then most tanks would be able to because of your double life...

plus she still has the ap for her spells to hit pretty good, still has the slow and wall to break up teams and win fights

you say she has the lowest hp, but your forgetting her hp is DOUBLED, so yes you could stack 4k+ on any hero and tank

but for anivia that 4k hp is actually 8k

when was the last time you saw a tank with 12000+ effective life?

she really shines if you build her for damage, im not disagreeing about that

but the fact still remains she can fill the role of a tanky/secondary tank if you really need one

aka..if you are puging with people who all want to be the superman carry

TL;DR: Anivia is a very VERY versatile hero who can fill many different roles, you just need to practice her and get better, because she is a pretty hard hero to use effectively. one you do thought, she is ****ing mean

GENERAL NUTBAKED

01-16-2010

i have not played anivia as i am waiting for her to either be a rotational character or for me to pull enough IP out of my a$s to buy her, but she seems kind of similar to my main, Karthus.

She has aimed and kinda delayed abilities (very slow moving frost spike thing) but on a longer cooldown, but can easily stun enemies. she has an extremely annoying wall, much like karthus (hard to decide which is more annoying. one is a physical wall that owns you as you have to walk around it, the other is one that makes you move at 20% movement speed with reduced armor/MR). her ult is alot like karthus's defile, except castable anywhere, slows, and doesnt give you mana back. the key difference is she has that spike of ice that does double damage on frosty opponents, and karthus has requiem. hell, even their passives require them to die.

I've seen anivias frost me and then bolt me for like 1/3 of my life cool. In teamfights, anivia does not shine for her damage, but for her utility. She can stun groups of enemies, block off escape routes/ganking routes, and deal damage while slowing the enemy team via a channeled ult. I would put her in the group of offensive support hero, much like morgana, rather than defensive support or flat out burst mage (though she does have some burstyness, like morgana, its not enough to be key in a fight, rather their utilities are). I would think that the best anivias would rack up a few kills, very few deaths (egg is annoying), and a ton of assists.

Zohariel

01-16-2010

Some Anivia tips from my own experience:

• Catalyst first, Rod of Ages ASAP. Always, always. Your HP is abysmal - RoA fixes that. If you take Clarity then you can get away with Ruby crystal as your first item - if not, Sapphire and two potions.
  • Getting Flash Frost right is a hell of a thing to learn. When your opponent sees that you've used it, chances are good they'll move to avoid it - try and anticipate this, and aim it where you think they'll run to. Remember not to detonate it too early - wait until it's passed through the target and is slightly behind them to ensure double damage plus the stun.
  • Effective use of Frostbite is an art. Try to anticipate when Flash Frost will manage a stun - if it looks like it's going to, move towards your opponent as the skill hits, land a Frostbite, and back off. You can harass easily by toggling Glacial Storm on and off quickly on your opponent, and Frostbiting them in the interim.
  • Your wall is an amazing skill when it works, and is definitely worth practising with, but be aware that it can be unreliable. Some heroes will walk right through it - don't ever rely on it wholly.
  • You are very squishy. Starting the game with Quints of Fortitude, defensive masteries and/or a Ruby Crystal + Clarity combo may give you the edge while laning.
  • Your autoattack has the longest range of pretty much any champion. This is a gift from heaven - autoattack your lane opponents constantly. It's free, safe, and the damage softens them up for your burst.
  • Your burst combo is as follows - lay down Glacial Storm so that your opponent has to walk through it to escape. Chuck a Frostbite, then use the GS slow to line up a Flash Frost. Hopefully you stunned them inside GS. If this is the case, Frostbite again and Ignite will usually get you the kill. Use your wall if they look like escaping your GS too soon.
  • Ignite will get you kills.You have two slows and a stun at your disposal - you don't need Exhaust.
  • Early game, if you have your egg buff and both you and your lane partner are being harassed, don't be afraid to draw fire. Egg will save you - just try and get within tower range if you can manage it.
  • Chances are that, if you don't get a great start in your early game, you'll end up playing support more than anything else. Accept this gracefully, and use your AoE slow, your stun and your wall to help your carries get kills.

kastr

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
the key difference is she has that spike of ice that does double damage on frosty opponents, and karthus has requiem. hell, even their passives require them to die.
not really her spike of ice aka frostbite is no different then karthus's laywaste which also deals double damage if the target is alone.

IMSavior

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastr View Post
not really her spike of ice aka frostbite is no different then karthus's laywaste which also deals double damage if the target is alone.
i believe he compared lay waste to flash frost (cant remember name he had for it) because it can deal double dmg + its a skill shot

and he things lay waste is a skill shot (Lol)

MBirk

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAviOrZelda View Post
i believe he compared lay waste to flash frost (cant remember name he had for it) because it can deal double dmg + its a skill shot

and he things lay waste is a skill shot (Lol)
it is.
Lay waste targets the ground. And has a delay. Hitting someone requires you to use skill to judge where they will be when it fires off. Most comparable to flash frost, of Anivia's skills. which is also a skill shot. It can be dodged.

He was saying requiem and frost burn are different. FB being a single target nuke, which Karthus does not have. And requim being of course the everywhere nuke.

IMSavior

01-17-2010

Quote:
it is.
Lay waste targets the ground. And has a delay. Hitting someone requires you to use skill to judge where they will be when it fires off. Most comparable to flash frost, of Anivia's skills. which is also a skill shot. It can be dodged.

He was saying requiem and frost burn are different. FB being a single target nuke, which Karthus does not have. And requim being of course the everywhere nuke.
lay waste isnt a skill shot..

its a targeted aoe spell

MBirk

01-17-2010

I would agree if it was instant. which it is not. How is Flash frost not simply a targeted aoe? Because the explosion needs to be timed.