Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Ok so i just spent 6300 IP just to get Anivia only to find that the best I could do with this character is annoy my enemies to death only if I got help from another player. I read in the description that the Hero's Skill Rebirth was suppose to make it hard for me to get killed but I find it hard to believe when i get squished for a nice scrambled egg. Any suggestions I was hoping to be aggressive or at least be able to tank with this character but I find that the other characters make a better choice for a cheaper price.

JunkRamen

01-16-2010

Keep at it, she's known for being a difficult but rewarding character to play. She's a nightmare to lane against, has respectable burst damage, and a lot of control through snares/wall.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

anivia is extremely powerful if you can play her

she can defend lanes against whole teams

she can keep heroes at bay early game and harass the **** out of them

she can turn the tides of team battles and own a lot of heroes 1 on 1

her egg is very helpful

ip cost is based on how hard the hero is to play, for the most part

Raisin

Recruiter

01-16-2010

Anivia is a beast, great control, great nuke potential, good survivability, youve just got a lot of learning to do before your going to be effective with her. Theres a lot of little tricks to maximise your effectiveness as Anivia that you will have to learn, theres a video guide somewhere around here that would be a good start for you to see how Anivia is generally played.

Zulishmidu

01-16-2010

Also keep in mind its how you build her to suit your playstyle. I play kinda ganky so I build her stacking AP and mana. People think her ap scaling sucks but keep in mind if you use her abilities right, they hit for basically double damage. How ever my friend builds her straight up tanky with like 2-3 rods of ages and guardian angel armor, which I find awesome to watch. It's all in your playstyle, so keep practicing her, I find her one of the most fun characters in the game and hope you learn to enjoy your investment. =^.^=

IMSavior

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darken Asher View Post
Also keep in mind its how you build her to suit your playstyle. I play kinda ganky so I build her stacking AP and mana. People think her ap scaling sucks but keep in mind if you use her abilities right, they hit for basically double damage. How ever my friend builds her straight up tanky with like 2-3 rods of ages and guardian angel armor, which I find awesome to watch. It's all in your playstyle, so keep practicing her, I find her one of the most fun characters in the game and hope you learn to enjoy your investment. =^.^=
who thinks her ap scaling sucks?

its 1:1...basically

technically its .5:1 but all spells can do double dmg so its 1:1

ive never seen anyone say her ap scaling sucks..

Xocolatl

01-16-2010

In a sense, she's similar to Karthus, except Anivia has longer range, but less sustained DPS. I tend to play mages that have lots of skill shots by jousting--running in and out, and shooting where you expect people to go to (or create a situation where they'd have to go there). I use myself as bait a lot as Karthus, and oh how fun it is when people run into those ****y traps.

IMSavior

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
In a sense, she's similar to Karthus, except Anivia has longer range, but less sustained DPS. I tend to play mages that have lots of skill shots by jousting--running in and out, and shooting where you expect people to go to (or create a situation where they'd have to go there). I use myself as bait a lot as Karthus, and oh how fun it is when people run into those ****y traps.
did you seriously just say that?

her ulti can get up to like 250 dps easily

her frost bite, which is like a 500 dmg nuke to people in her ulti is like a 4 sec c/d with golem buff

stop selling the bird short..

Mpalm

01-16-2010

Anivia is tough to use if you are new with her. You need to aim your spells well and cast walls effectively. Don't forget that her Q spell can be pressed again while in mid-air to deal additional damage and stun targets.

As for her wall, don't pass this spell up. I normally get it around 7 or 8 then finish maxing out her other spells. Always look to either block off paths to prevent ganks, escapes or use it during a team fight to separate the rest of their team momentarily.

As for an item build, these items are all very effective on her:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Anivi...da9e163cd2cee6

I would suggest starting off with a Tear of the goddess because you will need the extra mana very badly. Then grab some level 1 boots and get a catalyst. Upgrade catalyst to Rod of Ages and boots to sorc boots as quickly as possibly. Then build from there (you can either get a mejai's or upgrade the tear to archangel's). Guardian angel is also a good item for Anivia because of her passive, it basically gives her 3 lives.

As for summoner spells, I suggest using flash to escape bad situations or to gank/chase down. Heal, Rally, Clairvoyance or even ignite could work as the other spell depending on your playstyle.

Lastly, always try to have the golem buff on her.

MBirk

01-16-2010

Did you say tank? shes not a tank.
Did you look at her description?

She's one of the strongest nukers in the game. And has many forms of CC on top of that, making her probably the flat out strongest caster.

Frostfire her "skillshot" has long range. It does decent damage in its line of fire. with .6 AP ratio. And when it reaches its target, or you hit the Q again, it explodes dealing another aoe of damage +.6AP ratio, and stunning for .7seconds. So firing off on a target, and exploding it, does double damage, with a 1.2AP ratio, and stunning them. Great for stunning Yi, kat, shaco, Eve, Nunu, or anyone else that is dangerous without a stun. And all its damage snares. Aoe snare, AND stun. This skill is one of, if not the best, in the game.

Wall is your late game skill. Not very useful early. Many characters can just avoid it as well. But it does often work well at slowing targets down. Runners, who don't have their skills up, need to run around it. Delaying escape, allowing more dps to hit them. or make them stay in aoe longer. Splitting team battles up as well.

Frost burn is your single target nuke. Like FF it also does double damage, if targeting a chilled target. Your ult and FF count as chilling. I am not sure if phage/frozen mallet/rylais/frost arrow or nunu's skill count. It too gets .6ap ratio, which is effectively 1.2 since pretty much it will always be used on a chilled target.

Storm is just a decent aoe damage skill. Nothing really special to note. good range, snares, burns mana like a champ.
Recent patch should have lowered the mana cost, making it more useful.

AP is great for Anivia. And with all your aoe skills, yo wil get kills an assists. so, tear-angels, mejais. Then get some hp/cd red. spirit shroud. More ap. Lichbane/voidstaff.

Only Sivir can farm cash as easily as Anivia as well, with all those powerful aoes.