Akali Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ichikaze

01-27-2011

32 Health from a quint to get an AD one its always worth it since you can go 21 defense,you also need the mpen at reds.

Mpen Reds
Dodge Yellows
Mr per lvl Blues
2 Hp quints and one Ad quint

Ragebeard Manric

01-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustfaint View Post
Red - AD runes
Yellow - Armor runes
Blue - AP
quints - AP

can jungle easily and lane with these runes.
I use this exact setup as well.

You most certainly do not need CDR runes as Akali is not limited by CD (they are already very short), and she will rarely burn enough energy in a fight to need energy runes. Outside of the Armor Yellows for jungling purposes, other defensive runes wont help you very much. You could replace the Armors with Dodge, but I generally prefer not to rely on RNG (and dodge are extremely expensive).

Jungling as an option is always a benefit if you don't already have a jungler.

Mitch Bade

01-27-2011

I take a different approach than most people.

9/21/0
My masteries get spell penetration in offense, and the rest go all the way down the defense tree.

Since I use mostly AP on AKali I don't find it necessary to go all the way down the Offense tree to still be effective. I try to build on her weaknesses by giving her more survivability with the 13 MR runes, and 21 points in the Defense tree. With my runes I also don't need to spend money or mastery points to get my Spell Vamp at level 1. Since I go full AP, I also don't waste my starting gold on Dorans Blade, or other AD items just for a small passive to be activated. I can start building on Sheen with a Tomb, because I don't need the extra HP from Dorans, since I have better defensive capabilities.

2 Flat HP Quints
1 Flat AD Quint
9 Flat AD Marks
9 HP/Lvl Seals
9 MR Glyphs

175 HP at 18
65 HP
11 AD
13 MR

In the future when I have tons of IP I may replace the seals with Dodge, so it better synergizes with the dodge masteries in Defense. Although, I don't find it important since most builds for Akali don't require you to stack dodge, and I feel like the small amount of dodge won't help unless you stack it a bit. Go big or go home is my thinking about stats like Dodge, and Crit.

Miscreation

01-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDZ View Post
MPen Reds
Dodge Yellows
AP Blues
AP Quints

I've been doing pretty well using Westrice's guidelines on runes/masteries. You can start with both your passives proc'ed with dorans
This is exactly what to do, 14/16/0 masteries and a dorans blade, taking +60 to max hp. It doesnt get any better then that

chimpion

01-27-2011

I go 9/21/0 normally and 1/21/8 when jungling.

Mpen reds
Armour yellow
Ap/L blue
2 hp and 1 ad quint

Doran blade and hp pot.

I don't and never have understood why people would want to butcher their rune/mastery page, based off starting with both passives at lvl 1. It makes you worse at laning as the extra damage is negligible at the start and Akali is better based off AP. Akali still jungles fine even after the mr buff though the first run is now pretty close.

steveobroil

01-27-2011

Red - Magic pen
Yellow - HP / lvl
Blue - CD reduction
Quints - 2 Magic pen 1 HP

9/0/21 (lots of cooldown reduction and magic pen)

Tadanohito

01-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miscreation View Post
This is exactly what to do, 14/16/0 masteries and a dorans blade, taking +60 to max hp. It doesnt get any better then that
You can swap one of the AP Quintessence for a Flat Hp Quintessence, by doing this you can get +30 Hp at the cost of getting 2 passives at Lv 2 instead of Lv 1.