Finally playing Ranked...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SynergyDreamer

01-26-2011

I started up ranked again, and perhaps that was the most intense game I've had in a long time. Not frustrating, however.

But it came down to certain priorities and I screwed up.
(heavily editted)
My team wanted Dragon, but I literally passed by the enemy Udyr and saw him go to his blue buff. I decided to ward their blue buff (I succeeded that far) and interrupt his gaining of blue buff and to expect getting ganked (while simultaneously pinging for help). However, my team continued to get dragon while I wanted to take down their Udyr. Consequently they killed me, my team was unable to get dragon and was easily destroyed, and the game simply went down hill from there.
I was planning on warding both, however, was unable to do so.

On previous experience, I was playing as Ashe in a normal game, with Clairvoyance (yeah, criticize me, hold on) and our team was pushing mid. It was a 4v5 and 3 of them were simple sitting in front of their mid inhibitor turret. I clair'ed their blue, hawkshotted their red. The other 2 enemies were at either buff, we then stole each and proceeded to push, eventually winning instantaneously. Not sure if this can relate.

Question is:
Is it better to take dragon and expect to fight off a very very predictable gank or to disrupt their gaining of a buff and hopefully ward them off the area (while gaining kills) AND later take dragon?

Siky

01-26-2011

I don't know why people can't just buy 2 wards and do both. The price you pay in wards pays off in spades if you're placing them correctly. 75g to deny the enemy of Dragon or to get yourself Dragon is very worth it. Taking out a team that's trying to kill Dragon is worth even more than Dragon itself. Denying buffs really don't matter unless you can steal or kill the person taking the buff and if you can't do either, a simple ward there to annoy people from taking Dragon isn't worth much.

SynergyDreamer

01-26-2011

Wow, I really didn't word the situation right...eep hold on.
Hopefully that made more sense...

Neokenfu

01-26-2011

Never leave your wingman Maverick. Even if the team is being dumb you should be right there with them. All you do by being "Smart" is assure both parties destruction which is pretty stupid...

Warding blue golem is THE ****!! I think we can all imagine the look on the other guys face when we ruthlessly gank them and steal their buff.

But yeah, follow the team no matter what. Ranked punishes mistakes like not being with the group so much harder than normal.

lindisty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-27-2011

I think that in this case, communication is necessary. I'd say, if you ward/hawkshot and see someone at the buff/dragon and your team mates (at least some of them) will either listen to what you say or respond to a ping, then go gank.

On the flip side- if your team has been fairly unresponsive to communication and pings, then I'd leave it alone, so you don't die out in enemy territory alone, as there's a good chance they won't come with you.

ironblades

01-27-2011

Dragon> gank

Global gold 190 gold is much better then 300 for one person.

I would go dragon First 90% of the time because if the enemy see you counter jungling they are going to send Charecters to stop you. If you then proceed to try and get dragon you should have a good portion of the team comming at you and most likely won't get dragon.

Disclaimer- Its solo Q you never know what the enemy is thinking or not thinking.