Taric help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solarna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

Hey guys, im quite new to taric. I was wondering if anyone has a decent build for him that will allow me to tank resonably, but also harass and support my team? Any suggestions?

The Bootyhole

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

A build that I use, that I know Locicero(a top player) uses something close to, and that is similar to what other top guys use is:

Dorans ring and a health pot to start.
You'll then get merc treads and another dorans
then your next full item is Spirit Visage
Then Soulshroud

If you have trouble guessing which items would be good against different teams, this setup is good in any situation. For runes, they run (I think) Mana regen per level Yellows and Blues, MPen Reds, and Flat AP quints.

This gives you something like 55 solid AP early on, which since your heal is on a 1.1 ratio, makes it alot stronger. The AP and magic pen lets you farm with your W decently (which you level primarily)

for masteries, go 0/9/21. Pick up the healh regen mastery in the defensive tree. You are a mana hungry person, and the less mana you need to spend healing yourself, the better. This is also why you get spirit visage, so that when you heal others, you still get healed for a TON, and your ult makes you nearly unkillable. Sometimes attackspeed reds or health quints work. The attack speed synergizes with your heal's cooldown. Always autoattack things in fights, to keept he cooldown coming down fast. the CDR from util tree, SV, and SS, all do wonders for you. this makes you solidly tank, with great support, and given the 55 ap and max level W with a wee bit of magic pen, you can have moderate burst damage early-mid game.

Tip: if you have other people on your team with disables, save your stun to either interrupt channeling enemies, or stop people who come at your squishes. Otherwise, your long range lets you semi-initiate with it.

Tip: Often you might want to leave your W on during a fight just to keep your teammates alive, despite being tempted to do what damage you can. Only pop it early if you have a load of physical carries that can make heavy use of the Armor Reduction portion of it.

Solarna

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPoopedOn View Post
A build that I use, that I know Locicero(a top player) uses something close to, and that is similar to what other top guys use is:

Dorans ring and a health pot to start.
You'll then get merc treads and another dorans
then your next full item is Spirit Visage
Then Soulshroud

If you have trouble guessing which items would be good against different teams, this setup is good in any situation. For runes, they run (I think) Mana regen per level Yellows and Blues, MPen Reds, and Flat AP quints.

This gives you something like 55 solid AP early on, which since your heal is on a 1.1 ratio, makes it alot stronger. The AP and magic pen lets you farm with your W decently (which you level primarily)

for masteries, go 0/9/21. Pick up the healh regen mastery in the defensive tree. You are a mana hungry person, and the less mana you need to spend healing yourself, the better. This is also why you get spirit visage, so that when you heal others, you still get healed for a TON, and your ult makes you nearly unkillable. Sometimes attackspeed reds or health quints work. The attack speed synergizes with your heal's cooldown. Always autoattack things in fights, to keept he cooldown coming down fast. the CDR from util tree, SV, and SS, all do wonders for you. this makes you solidly tank, with great support, and given the 55 ap and max level W with a wee bit of magic pen, you can have moderate burst damage early-mid game.

Tip: if you have other people on your team with disables, save your stun to either interrupt channeling enemies, or stop people who come at your squishes. Otherwise, your long range lets you semi-initiate with it.

Tip: Often you might want to leave your W on during a fight just to keep your teammates alive, despite being tempted to do what damage you can. Only pop it early if you have a load of physical carries that can make heavy use of the Armor Reduction portion of it.
Alright, but once im done with those items what should i buy? I'll have 1 free slot, and should i be replacing the dorans with a better item?