Just bought Ren...did I waste my money?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Booshin

01-26-2011

For a tier 4 champ (at least price-wise) Ren seems a bit lackluster to me. I've heard the same thing about the other recent champ, Cait.

After playing both champs, once and playing against both of them multiple times...I'm starting to feel that RIOT is sending out pricey but non-impressive champs.

Am I right?

Is it worth buying a new character the day they appear?

Retroromanic

01-26-2011

You can never have enough kidneys, bro

Asago

01-26-2011

no unless you love the design or cosmetic looks of that champion.
I almost buy leblanc but I am gald that I dont buy her.
Anyways, dont spend your money on this greedy company.

Booshin

01-26-2011

Haha I'll admit that some of their pricing seems a bit excessive ($7 or $8 for a tier 4 champ) but I'd really find it tough to call them greedy since the game is technically free, and almost all content can be unlocked via playtime as opposed to money.

Asago

01-26-2011

just calculate the amount of play time you will get my point moreover random nerfing champs also make ppl change champ often therfore they have to buy RP for their new champs cause they can't keep farming with the weekly patch.

DoomManufact

01-26-2011

when you get to where I am, where you have every champ you would think of playing and all the runes you want for the time being, IP starts to pile up. Usually by the time a new champ comes out, I have another 6300 IP ready to go, and it's always fun to try out new champs if I think the design might be fun.

In the case of malzahar, he was really terrible when he came out. I bought him because I liked the design, and thought he would be really fun. He was too bad for me to play him much, but later on they buffed him quite a bit, and now he's one of the best casters out there and I enjoy playing him very much ^^

I've seen Ren played effectively. I wouldn't say he's OP, but a couple high elo players play him pretty well. From what I've heard, hotshotgg doesn't really like him, and personally I think his Q is pretty bad, and his overall damage is a little disappointing. At the moment I don't think he's a bad buy, but right now I'm not really sure if other champs can fill his role better or not

RoflTroll

01-26-2011

It's his first week of release, and with a last-minute changes at that.

Riot will most likely fix his problems with the next patch, by then he should go up the list.

Booshin

01-26-2011

Yeah when he was first announced he just looked so great. The fury mechanic looked solid, he had a stun, lifesteal, good escape method, and an ult that looked just overall good.

I'm not a high elo player, but generally at least competent and, while Ren isn't exactly worthless, he's a bit too squishy and has CD rates that are awful high comparitively.

It just seems like Riot took a lot of great pieces but didn't quite put them together.

Siky

01-26-2011

His CDs didn't seem to be adjusted to his new strength, if he had shorter CDs it would be a lot better, but if he was at the same strength as before, the current CDs would be fine.

Eppa

01-26-2011

If you find him fun it is worth it...