Annie and Stunning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zemyx

01-15-2010

Well, after trying my hand at various champs, I seem to have settled with Annie, I feel her playing style suits me. According to all guides and discussions on these forums, it seems that Annie is special because of her passive, her ability to stun. Well, in my laning phase, I'm usually all about the stun, and I always keep track of it, and harass in accordance to it. However, somewhere in the mid-game, into the late game, when I start with the heavy ganking, I completely lose track of it, and just end up spamming the spells, and I feel like that's a hindrance to realizing Annie's full potential.

So do you guys have any tips on how you keep track of the stun at that point in the game, or how to effectively use it to gain that advantage? Also, I've heard a lot about the double stun, and the counter that's built up with spells like Molten Shield. I was wondering how people set this up? Usually I have to be somewhere immediately, and feel like I don't have time to set anything up at the fountain.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

it's usually best to keep charges at 3 or 4, not maxed. the reason is champions like twitch/kat come into battle mid way, not at start. so when you nuke them, it's better to cast another spell on the enemies who initiate and save the stun for twitch.

if twitch does join the battle early, then charge up counter then nuke.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

Make sure to always have Tibber ready in team fight to AoE stun. If you know a team fight is comming stop casting and build a "second stun" by using you shield. When the team fight start, don't drop tibber randomly, you role is to stun their carry and nuke them down. If you find them off guard or in a brush all pack together, you can drop your tibber on all of them to initiate the team fight, but it's almost always better to wait and stun their carry.

Hiriko

01-15-2010

Honestly I don't double stun, like you said i just don't find the time to head to the fountain or to spam Molten Shield

However there is 2 easy ways to remember your counters for Pyromania.

Easiest is Annies laugh, You should instantly recognize your champions cute evil laughter when her Pyromania is Energized.

The other is similar to what bait suggested. Carry 3 4 or Energized counters, personally i try to keep 4-5 counters while wandering around. This way i can Molten Shield, be Energized and nuke someone to oblivion.

Most players only stay away from Annie when she has her swirly aura signaling shes ready to Stun,

So 4 counters is the best, since when another enemy Champion encounters you while you're traveling, they will attempt to attack, you just pop Molten Shield and feed them to Tibbers XD
------------------------
In the heat of battle its hard to remember your counters, so stay a nice distance and spam your spells until you hear Annie laughing then hit the target you want to stun.

But other then that you just have to practice abit and you will kinda "feel" when Annie counters are almost to 5.

EDIT: I forgot to mention make a habit of floating your cursor over Annies Pyromania Status while traveling and just remember the number before you engage.

ex. traveling to gank float over your counters it says 2, now you know its 2 for that battle.

Hugenaught

01-15-2010

Sound cue is how you keep track. Or just memorize the number.

I don't really rely on stunning that much for MY kills, than I do on Tibbers early game, and the Q and W ability late game. I usually use stun to help an ally escape (often at the expense of my life), or help a ganj.