The real Udyr!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raikyo

01-15-2010

Hi there lol players this is my first guide so constructive criticism is appreaciated.

Well then let's get to business.
First of all the skillbuild:
R
E
R
W
R
E
blah blah my first priority is phoenix then bear then turtle and tiger is useless in my point of view

Summoner Spells:
I usually get ghost which goes extremley well with bear's speed
For second spell depends if you wanna have some escaping possibilities grab heal or flash but I usually get exhaust because it helps me get early kills and it comes in handy when I chase someone and my ghost is on cooldown.

Item Build:
Start of with Sapphire Crystal and 2 health potions
1.Sheen - it helps with mana first of all and it's the best starter item because of all the stance changing it is a very good dmg boost/After making Nashor's tooth work on Trinity Force
2.Berserker Greaves
3.Nashor's Tooth - AP/Attack speed and cooldown reduction A must!
4.Sword of the Divine - insane attack speed and the passive is the best there is.Every Fourth attack deals 100 magic damage.It's a huge dmg burst with phoenix stance
5.Malady - a little lifesteal helps and again insane attack speed and very good dmg increase on the target
6.I never reached the last item but I recommand Madred's Bloodrazor.With the freaking huge attackspeed and the passive u will pretty much kill a champion before the bear stun wears off xD

Strategy:Use ur summoner spells wiseley and remeber switch between the 3 stances as soon as they pop because of the new changes to Udyr stances are now spamable especialy with the help of nashor's tooth.
Hope you enjoyed my mini guide.And if you ever see Kyohaku the fearsome Udyr xD remember to run ! joke joke oh well Gl and have fun

Combat Strategy:
Surprise attacks is where Udyr excels rushing from the bushes with the bear stance stunning then after phoenix stance.Basically you just swap between those however make sure u use turtle aswell to avoid some unecessary dmg.Swaping between the 3 stances gives great dmg burst cc and surv.
In team fights always make sure ur not focused if ur left alone a few seconds let's just say it won't be good for them :P
Never rush into more than 2 enemies.Make sure u charge at the one with the most CC first because CC ruins Udyr

Masteries:
Just go for the basic 9/0/21
Runes:
I go with attackspeed/AP and some dmg.

Do try the build before jumping to conclusions.The 3 stance rotation is all u have to do the build does the rest for you.

AFKray

01-15-2010

pretty short guide. Just a heads up, if you want to put out a guide that is a little more than a recommended item list, then I would go a bit more in-depth as to why you are picking your skills and items etc. You don't leave much room for adjustment to different types of team comps. Also, biggest criticism you are going to get is not getting more ranks in Turtle. It is simply too strong right now combined with the active of phoenix to not getting early on. Also, you don't give any sort of advice as to combat sequences etc, which is one of the more integral part of Udyr play.

EnronTheGreat

01-15-2010

For your first point, at least for udyr, I think you might want bear instead. At level 1, the ability to stun and movement speed increase is more handy than phoenix to gank/avoid ganks. And since your getting sheen, any reason you don't build for triforce? It has a lot of what you want imo. Just some thoughts for you.

Raikyo

01-15-2010

I mentioned that after nashor's tooth I go for Trinity Force :P I just said TF to shorten it out.And for the first post yeah it's meant to be a short guide I just wanted to give new Udyrs a heads up on what they should be thinking about and about the bear stance primarily it doesn't really matter because at lvl 1 I barely do anything than avoid getting dmged usually I go for the kill at lvl 3-4 it easy right then with my sheen already on me dealing quite decent dmg with phoenix.