Just bought Ren...did I waste my money?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mistahw00

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWulf View Post
Renekton is my favorite.
what he says must be true. i mean, it's in bold, right? :]

Vitameen Water

01-26-2011

definitely didnt waste the money if you enjoy playing him... I bought him and hes one of the most fun champions I have played. If you have fun, its not a waste... And an incoming buff with definitely help

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

Ehh, don't think that you wasted money. Garen was considered very very UP for a long time, then someone figured out how to build him and how to play him, and suddenly he was the most QQed about champion in the game. Just because people haven't figured him out yet doesn't mean he is a waste.

atsmith893

01-27-2011

I would much rather riot send out UP'd champs, then buff them instead of them sending out OP'd champs and nerfing them.

Ren will most likely be fixed. Is he useful now, not really, but I do not think you wasted your money either. Just be patient and he will get a buff soon as there are no major problems with him, hes not broken, just needs a little love.

Redenbacher

01-27-2011

I'm not carrying games, but he is the must fun champion I have to play. Cassiopeia, Caitlyn and Renekton were all received poorly because they have been the first champions to come out in a while that weren't insanely overpowered on release. In fact, they were all mildly underpowered, but effective in the right hands.

Furthermore, they've also been champions that aren't exactly straight forward in terms of how to effectively build and play them in a fight. People play Caitlyn as a carry like MF, and Renekton a carry like Yi... they're not. I don't think they were intended to be. They are geared for a particular, unique playstyle that some enjoy, can pick up and adapt to quickly - but others are set on right-clicking to win. To each to one's own.

I would advise testing champions for free in the future before buying them to avoid this kind of remorse. You shouldn't feel you've 'wasted money' just because you're not rolling every team you play against with a brand new champion that you bought on an impulse. You spent money on a video game, the money was wasted when you bought the Riot points.

g0dl1k3333

01-27-2011

Renekton-->"Feed me in early game or im gona fail u." If u played Shaco u know how is it.Do nice job on your lane and u gona win the game for your team.When Riot Buff him i will start playing him again.

Booshin

01-27-2011

Ahh lot of comments here. Well...

I've heard some good points. Impulse buys are never a great idea and waiting for a free week with him would probably have saved me some stress.

In all honesty, I've only played him once...while intoxicated lol. Not really enough to go off. I was mostly going from the Ren's I've seen played by others. Since his release, I think I've played with him on my team twice, and against him 7 or 8 times...and not once have I seen he shine. Well, one time when he partnered with Nasus he did alright, but still, not stand out in anyway.

I'm going to try him some more. With the right build, right runes (cdr looking important) it looks like he'll at least be mostly balanced.

It was my fault for doing a RPWI (Riot Pointing While Intoxicated).

A fresh champ was just too hard to pass up. But I would appreciate it if Riot released new champs in the 3150 and under range in the future. It would hurt my wallet less.

Booshin

01-27-2011

@3333 Yeah, he does sort of have a shaco/tryn "I need kills immediatly" feel to him. As for the buff...looking forward to it. But Cait got buffed this last patch and she still seems UP.