WotA & Fiddle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bujherba

01-26-2011

I'm looking into playing Fiddlesticks, much more than I do now (which is approximately..... never.) and I'm trying to find ways to simply prioritize myself above our physical carry whilst adding survivability and the ability to still pump out some healthy damage.
As it stands, right now, Fiddle's passive gives him away to nearby enemies, so I'm thinking about picking up Abyssal Sceptor for some AP, MR, and an extra (essentially) buff for my teammates.
After that, I'm thinking Zhonya's Hourglass for AP, Armor, and a phenomenal active. Pretty self explanatory.
Now, I don't know where to go from here. I've been thinking about the value of Will of the Ancients on Fiddle... Now, I know (nearly) everyone says it's just a terrible item not worth purchasing, but Fiddle seems to be more of an anti-carry/team-supporter more than a full fledged mage. Single target (best) fear, AoE silence, a nice DoT tether-heal....
With 2 abilities that don't benefit from AP (essentially), I think building utility is more intelligent (also, keep in mind that my goal is to increase my threat and decrease it towards our AD Carry... this works with the people I play with).
WotA should keep me at virtually full health with my drain as well as giving my team a Spell Vamp buff.
Also, Rylai's is another consideration of mine, but later in the build...
So, do you think that WotA is plausible on Fiddlsticks?

tl;dr ~ WotA + Fiddle... Good?

Gunflame

01-26-2011

Rylai rocks on fiddle... I don't play fiddle but I know it rocks on him

Amatzikahni

01-26-2011

I saw a troll Fiddle that got 4 Revolvers. That kid could drain 1v5 and not die.

That being said, Vamp does work very nicely with Fiddle, but I would consider going for RoA before Abyssal. I've seen successful Fiddles that go for Sorc Boots then rush Abyssal, I've seen some that go for Rabadon's before boots, and I've seen some that go for AAS and just weed out junglers and lane-hoppers. Most standard items are effective on Fiddle, but like you said, Abyssal stacks with his passive making it that much better on him. WotA is always great if your team is heavily AP-based.

As said, Rylai's is amazing for Fiddle, too.

Superdadd

01-26-2011

Regarding WotA:

I'd rather life leech more by gaining more AP. At least that way the thing I'm draining is dying.

If fiddle went for 4 revolvers, he's not hitting very hard mid-endgame. I'd bin that under horrible ideas.

Regarding Rylai's:

Also, Rylai's is good on fiddle, but not as much as you'd think. It's okay during ganking/laning phase, because it keeps people in your drain longer. However, in teamfights later on in the game, it doesn't do that much. Sure you can crowstorm and keep them all in it (which is good), but how good for the money you spent?

I'd personally rather spend that money on a more offensive or defensive item. Rylai's is a utility item. For example, for the same gold, I'd rather have a deathcap, sceptre, banshees veil, hourglass, any of those.

So if you were to say get it 5th or 6th, then now you are getting it late, when it's real strength is early.

Overall, I don't get it on fiddlesticks, and I don't think it's a good idea. I don't think it's bad neccessarily... but I'd rather have my first 2 items be more offensive, so I can snowball easier, than to spend gold on utility that I can have if I just pick up red buff for free.

Amatzikahni

01-26-2011

Hence the troll . Fiddle has low health; RoA, BV, and Rylai's all give health, so one of those items should be near the beginning of the list. Zhonya's can help, too, but I don't often rush it so I'm always in a bind for survivability and prefer the early RoA.

RoflTroll

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdadd View Post
Regarding WotA:

I'd rather life leech more by gaining more AP. At least that way the thing I'm draining is dying.

If fiddle went for 4 revolvers, he's not hitting very hard mid-endgame. I'd bin that under horrible ideas.

Regarding Rylai's:

Also, Rylai's is good on fiddle, but not as much as you'd think. It's okay during ganking/laning phase, because it keeps people in your drain longer. However, in teamfights later on in the game, it doesn't do that much. Sure you can crowstorm and keep them all in it (which is good), but how good for the money you spent?

I'd personally rather spend that money on a more offensive or defensive item. Rylai's is a utility item. For example, for the same gold, I'd rather have a deathcap, sceptre, banshees veil, hourglass, any of those.

So if you were to say get it 5th or 6th, then now you are getting it late, when it's real strength is early.

Overall, I don't get it on fiddlesticks, and I don't think it's a good idea. I don't think it's bad neccessarily... but I'd rather have my first 2 items be more offensive, so I can snowball easier, than to spend gold on utility that I can have if I just pick up red buff for free.
Rylai not offensive/defensive item? I laugh.

It's BOTH offensive and defensive. To start with, that 500 HP and 80 AP will helps with Fiddle's naturally more-fragile-than-Eve nature. The slow applies to many situations. You ult in, the enemy is now slowed, not only they can't outrun you, now your team can catch up with them. Someone chases after you, throw a Dark Wind on them and keep walking away.

Having the slow as another minor-CC is very useful, and again, that 500 HP helps a lot.

Eye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-26-2011

Wota is a great item on fiddles I would recommend it for everyone.