For those who play Heimerdinger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B3ER

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoVibe View Post
I highly doubt they'll nerf him again. He's in a decent position where he is, and Riot has tweaked his playstyle to their liking. At this point he can only get stronger.
I sure hope so. I've been doing extremely well with him lately it makes me swoon. It could also be the low Elo I'm on though.....

Azuredragon653

01-26-2011

I've played against him a lot recently and I've noticed the AI is horrible. If you don't attack Heimer, the turrets will never attack you. You can walk up to them and pound on them, and they will sit there not firing against anything.

Ok, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but you do have to get very close to the turrets for them to attack you - I can attack from 450 without being hit.

CosmoVibe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon653 View Post
I've played against him a lot recently and I've noticed the AI is horrible. If you don't attack Heimer, the turrets will never attack you. You can walk up to them and pound on them, and they will sit there not firing against anything.

Ok, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but you do have to get very close to the turrets for them to attack you - I can attack from 450 without being hit.
AI is working as intended. If Heimer looks like he's wasting his turrets, he's either farming/pushing or he just doesn't know how to use them properly.

Morinav

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanNoob View Post
No one plays Heimerdinger?
Nah, I've seen plenty of heimers nowadays.

Azuredragon653

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoVibe View Post
AI is working as intended. If Heimer looks like he's wasting his turrets, he's either farming/pushing or he just doesn't know how to use them properly.
I find it difficult to believe that turrets not attack enemy champions that are within range is working as intended (while they aren't attack something else).

BiggerFish

01-26-2011

The ult refocusing on the nearest champ is a nice touch, i just wish i could ult then put down a blue turret, not have to have the turret down pre ult.

Camen Sieder

01-26-2011

I played him for a few games and noticed his turrets still suck ass.. I like the ability to drop 2 turrets instantly and all, but I think they need to take the HP off of his turrets and make his rocket range shorter, BUT prioritize enemy champs and maybe even up the mana cost a tad. In the end that 3rd turret was his bread and butter now too many champs can easily leave you with a single turret and clear both of them before a single one is ready to drop again so you get to stand around waiting 46" seconds for another 2.

as much as I like the 2 turret drop at a time I really can't stand what he lost to get there. He lost the ability to "level up" turrets by the amount of shots fired, lost an entire turret, lost grenade range, rockets got nerfed. Now AI like golem will actually focus your turrets and kill them so you can't just level up a couple turrets like that to secure a rune buff from a jungler.

I would like to see 3 turrets again but only allow so many turrets in a certain radius because dropping 3 turrets in a triangle was so OP and made you pretty much made you immune to ganks as long as your ult was up...

imo a good fix to heimer would be give back the turret upgrade system, create a radius feature so he can't triangulate faces to death and increase grenade speed with less range.

Tenmar

01-26-2011

For all those that complain, shut it. Heim is a really good champ and those turrets are if anything the bane of most players existence especially with upgrade. If ya didn't realize it heim used to be a champ that took a lot of thought when placing turrets for setting up team fights as they can make a huge difference.

Now with the changes Heim is if anything one of the most headstrong casters in the game and doesn't really take any strategy. If someone is chasing you or you want to fight them you can just plop down your turrets, spam missiles and hit them with a grenade. If they try to chase you, just kite them using upgrade and plop the turrets where you can run circles around your opponent while spamming missiles. Anything short of a flash and you will never be caught, and even then most will only get about two hits on you when that happens.