@Riot Instead of banning Brazilians from LoL, I have a better idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damoklese

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettGDragon View Post
You ****ed Yanks think you're so special, get a life & learn to accept you're NOT the only people in this world.

Edit: Appologies for my outburst, I just HATE selfrighteous american people who just think that everything should revolve around them.
You are an *******. Quit it.

M0ngo Like Candy

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettGDragon View Post
You ****ed Yanks think you're so special, get a life & learn to accept you're NOT the only people in this world.

Edit: Appologies for my outburst, I just HATE selfrighteous american people who just think that everything should revolve around them.
Huehuehuehue....yanks.

TriniSlayer

01-26-2011

Not a good idea, there is a decent sized player base in the Caribbean and we do speak english, you'd be isolating many people from a good game

Arukayos

01-26-2011

Quote:
Many of you LoL players suggested the easy route to alleviate the issue by simply IP banning Brazilian players and giving them their own server. While I feel that this is a great idea to give the BRs a better opportunity to commune and play with their brethren without the worry of being harassed and ostracized
Here's a better idea: Why not IP ban all the north Americans and make a separate server for them? Nobody cares about the $300 you spent on the game, neither do they care about your +400 wins. You should be IP banned and kicked off to another server after having played on this one for a whole year.

How does that make you feel?

IP banning any country after allowing them to play for a long period is unfair. You make friends, you build up your account over time, only to have that banned after all your effort? And why, just because you're unfortunate enough to be living in another country? Bs.

Sorbon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
This idea of yours

Is totally going to anger all the Americans living in Brazil
We should just have an account option to say what languages we speak, and possibly to what degree. There are BRs who can speak English. Those who speak Spanish or Italian can often muddle through Portuguese, so "muddle" would be an option.

I'm in the USA and can read/write English or Spanish. I don't mind getting paired with folks that speak either. When I'm talking with someone and two others throw out some Chinese characters, I get a little worried.

Honestly, they could just do this for solo ranked and that'd be fine, too. Metagame communication is far too important in ranked to be on a team that's split 2 or 3 ways by language barriers.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

(Hit the road, Jack and don't you come back no more,
no more, no more, no more)
(Hit the road, Jack and don't you come back no more)
What you say ?

Gr1nn3r

01-26-2011

This makes it easier for serial killers to hunt by location.

Cyndikate

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arukayos View Post
Here's a better idea: Why not IP ban all the north Americans and make a separate server for them? Nobody cares about the $300 you spent on the game, neither do they care about your +400 wins. You should be IP banned and kicked off to another server after having played on this one for a whole year.

How does that make you feel?

IP banning any country after allowing them to play for a long period is unfair. You make friends, you build up your account over time, only to have that banned after all your effort? And why, just because you're unfortunate enough to be living in another country? Bs.
I love the people who did not read the whole thread. This is not banning BRs, it's solo queueing them with other BRs so they would be able to communicate in their games in their language.

Declipse

01-26-2011

Yeah... No.
I don't want to be matched with other BRs, they're usually morons.

gnoevoet

01-26-2011

I'm ok with the general idea... but this part disgusts me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetika View Post
In the event that there are not enough Brazilians or other Not NA players to queue, it might be possible to have them queue with other countries, outside North America.
Why only countries outside north america? You think the europeans that play on NA servers are so **** good at speaking brazillian? Could you possibly be more selfish?