@Riot Instead of banning Brazilians from LoL, I have a better idea

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

01-26-2011

Us North American players don't like Brazilian players, not speaking English, feeding enemy players, calling teammates noobs, spamming huehuehuehue on the chat. True that not every Brazilian player does this kind of behavior, the issue with them queueing up with US players, especially when the majority of them lack the means of communicating with their non BR comrades(other than ping spamming), needs to be addressed.

Many of you LoL players suggested the easy route to alleviate the issue by simply IP banning Brazilian players and giving them their own server. While I feel that this is a great idea to give the BRs a better opportunity to commune and play with their brethren without the worry of being harassed and ostracized, this might prove to be a too difficult a feat for Riot, and it might cost too much money and time. So I came up with a better alternative without alienating the Brazilian players or any players located outside North America.

Instead of banning our BRs, a better alternative is improving the Matchmaker system. So, not only will the Matchmaker system queue someone up with people matching their level, but also their location. Brazilians and other players outside the US can solo queue with other players in their respective countries, but can still be able to queue against players outside their locations as opponents.

However, North America will be locked in, and will not be able to solo queue with other players outside the countries, other than US territories and Austrailia.

If this is a premade however, then the improved Matchmaker system will not apply.

In the event that there are not enough Brazilians or other Not NA players to queue, it might be possible to have them queue with other countries, outside North America.

Peebear

01-26-2011

That's segregation

Talamare

01-26-2011

I say
Ban all the North Americans, and make it a Brazil only server

RaĆ­chu

01-26-2011

That's a brilliant idea... shouldn't be THAT hard to make matchmaking grab your ip and only match you up with ip's where your language is spoken.

Cyndikate

01-26-2011

The idea, but you're keeping North America completely locked in, and they can only queue with North Americans, and Aussies.

Other countries can queue with their own countries, unless there isn't enough people to fill the solo queue, then they'll be able to queue with other countries outside the US.

It's important to know that this is a North American server, not a global server, not a Brazilian or Chinese server.

Talamare

01-26-2011

This idea of yours

Is totally going to anger all the Americans living in Brazil

Rosuke

01-26-2011

I dont like this.

JettGDragon

01-26-2011

You ****ed Yanks think you're so special, get a life & learn to accept you're NOT the only people in this world.

Edit: Appologies for my outburst, I just HATE selfrighteous american people who just think that everything should revolve around them.

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

I dont think they were going to ban BRs from lol anyway.

Siger

01-26-2011

Oh look it's this thread again...

12345 ... 7