Renekton should have been hotfixed..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3m0nCh1ck3n

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwave View Post
Not a QQ thread, but seriously, how could a bug that doesn't give him MR / Armor from items not be hotfixed?

He has a plethora of other issues too. Why does he HAVE to build CDR, I really hope the CD's are lowered a bit. There is literally no other way to build him if you expect to do absolutely any damage. A major problem is he has a "vicious circle" effect. He needs CDR to be useful, but that means he can't rush AD items that all his abilities except his ult scales from. He can't build AD items because he dies from Annies auto attacks, so he has to build Tank. Oh, wait, he is bugged. So glass cannon? Do I get lower CDs and sacrifice damage? What to do, what to do.

Honestly at first I thought he was super balanced, but that was because no one knew how to counter him yet. Then it became common knowledge he was bugged. His passive was changed from bonus MR / Armor to double fury under 40% hp. Ok, that's decent I suppose, but what about the fact that his fury generation was cut in half? Good thing I have to push the lane in order to get fury, which is ridiculous. I just don't understand how you can have a dedicated experienced team of people who specifically balance champions, but realize he was too powerful a few hours before his release? Was there any internal playtesting? This time around I think it would have been better to release him in the state he was shown and then tone him down. I haven't insta-bought a champion since LeBlanc, and for good reason. There is always some kind of problem with them on release. It hasn't changed since Lux.

TL;DR Renekton sucks hard on release and no it isn't "because I haven't learned him" it's because he is broken and bugged.

/rant
theres a bug like that... OH SHEET

all my friends think he is op and all the forums think hes up. who should i believe?

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudChickenQueef View Post
theres a bug like that... OH SHEET

all my friends think he is op and all the forums think hes up. who should i believe?
He is already outshined by Xin Zhao. So up. While they are totally different champions, Xin seems to bring everything to the table and is widely regarded as the best melee in the game.

iReignfall

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwave View Post
You got it. Think about Toyota with the gas pedal sticking. They recalled the cars and fixed the problem. Well, patch the champions with bugs that make them completely useless. If they are underpowered, then that can be fixed with a regular patch cycle. However, being bugged is NOT ok and should be fixed right away.
You'd think so, but TF red card has been bugged for god knows how long, and Riot shows no intention of fixing it.

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefkac View Post
yes he has a few bugs,he needs a few tweaks,but please,dont blame on bugs how you do with him,theres people doing fairly good with him here in high elo EU,and in high elo US theres at least one that I know of,he just needs a few tweaks to be perfectly viable,yet,you're not doing poorly just because of a few bugs,you're doing poorly because the way you build him/masteries/runes/play him.
I can do very good on a broken inline-skates, because i'm professional at it. Doesn't make it enjoyable, or fun.

Eldaris Shadusk

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris9 View Post
How would it be with balanced? Bum!

Next patch, yeah, wait 2 weeks to finally play that champ you bought?
He'll be free that week too, so you'll be competing with everyone else to play him. Better to wait 3 weeks.

Brightmore

01-26-2011

All this thread makes me do is laugh a bit

"OMG I instantly die when focused on my melee dps champion"

Well duh, It works like this for "any" melee champion, I believe Guinsoo when he says there is no bug, I have played against several Ren players that stacked tank and did fine. Building a melee AD champions requires a delicate item build stacking defense and offense, too much offense, and you drop dead, to much defense and you don't do damage.

Personally, I think all of Ren's problems stem from him being a melee champion, and this games bias against them.