Renekton should have been hotfixed..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmanSix View Post
You just lost all credibility you had going in this thread.

I am sure Riot is NOT lazy. They may have not play-tested the champion to your high standards, but that doesn't make them lazy. If so, my father would have considered me the laziest slob on earth ("What do you mean look at all those As on your report card...what is this A-? /furious").
Oh, ok. Riot isn't lazy. I don't have "high standards" I expect a champion to be released without bugs that have a detrimental effect on the gameplay. Is that too much to ask? What about the months of design and creation of the champion only to realize oh, he is a bit too strong time to change like 2 core mechanics on him and play with his numbers without PROPERLY testing it with only a few HOURS before release. That, my friend, is the problem.

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Rule of thumb: if you're not losing half your games, then the people you're playing against are bad / you're at bad elo. Either that or you're one of the masters of LoL at the very top of the ladder (which I must assume you're not).

Though I personally feel the Renekton complaints are exaggerated. He's not unplayable by any means.
Ok. I will rephrase. He isn't unplayable. You can pick him at champion select and move around with him. You can even use his abilities! Too bad he dies the instant he is focused. Thats the issue.

hypnic

01-26-2011

Apparently, according to Guinsoo, he doesn't have the MR bug:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...44#post5666344

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaden View Post
Apparently, according to Guinsoo, he doesn't have the MR bug:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...44#post5666344
I have seen that thread. Yet you have literally every single Renekton player complaining about the same problem. Perhaps it isn't the item bug, it's extremely poor base stats that got messed up when they removed his passive. It's still a problem though.

hypnic

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwave View Post
I have seen that thread. Yet you have literally every single Renekton player complaining about the same problem. Perhaps it isn't the item bug, it's extremely poor base stats that got messed up when they removed his passive. It's still a problem though.
Yeah I haven't done any testing myself, but I know when I play him I feel exceptionally squishy.

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

01-26-2011

Quote:
Not a QQ thread, but seriously, how could a bug that doesn't give him MR / Armor from items not be hotfixed?

He has a plethora of other issues too. Why does he HAVE to build CDR, I really hope the CD's are lowered a bit. There is literally no other way to build him if you expect to do absolutely any damage. A major problem is he has a "vicious circle" effect. He needs CDR to be useful, but that means he can't rush AD items that all his abilities except his ult scales from. He can't build AD items because he dies from Annies auto attacks, so he has to build Tank. Oh, wait, he is bugged. So glass cannon? Do I get lower CDs and sacrifice damage? What to do, what to do.

Honestly at first I thought he was super balanced, but that was because no one knew how to counter him yet. Then it became common knowledge he was bugged. His passive was changed from bonus MR / Armor to double fury under 40% hp. Ok, that's decent I suppose, but what about the fact that his fury generation was cut in half? Good thing I have to push the lane in order to get fury, which is ridiculous. I just don't understand how you can have a dedicated experienced team of people who specifically balance champions, but realize he was too powerful a few hours before his release? Was there any internal playtesting? This time around I think it would have been better to release him in the state he was shown and then tone him down. I haven't insta-bought a champion since LeBlanc, and for good reason. There is always some kind of problem with them on release. It hasn't changed since Lux.

TL;DR Renekton sucks hard on release and no it isn't "because I haven't learned him" it's because he is broken and bugged.

/rant
They do not care. And you know why? Because of overpowered fanboyism. Whenever i mentioned that Renekton should've been hotfixed, i was downvoted in other threads. Why? Because for the most population Riot does everything right. We don't have replays? Then this means we don't need them. We don't have observer mode? Then it means we don't need it. Renekton is bugged? Then it means it's not a bug, but a feature.

Problem is in population that does not care. There may be a few of us who do, but........it doesn't matter for them. There are alot of unfixed bugs in the game, like pantheon's invisible ult, TF's disappearing cards e.t.c. And what Riot does? They open the new merchandise store! Hoooorah! I had so much hope for this game, but now it's obvious what it really is.

FDru

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
They do not care. And you know why? Because of overpowered fanboyism. Whenever i mentioned that Renekton should've been hotfixed, i was downvoted in other threads. Why? Because for the most population Riot does everything right. We don't have replays? Then this means we don't need them. We don't have observer mode? Then it means we don't need it. Renekton is bugged? Then it means it's not a bug, but a feature.

Problem is in population that does not care. There may be a few of us who do, but........it doesn't matter for them. There are alot of unfixed bugs in the game, like pantheon's invisible ult, TF's disappearing cards e.t.c. And what Riot does? They open the new merchandise store! Hoooorah! I had so much hope for this game, but now it's obvious what it really is.
See this thread with 600 upvotes to get an idea of what you're doing wrong:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=465043

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

Quote:
If the ****ing search button was working, I would have known of this thread and wouldn't have made this one. Shame on me.

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

01-26-2011

Quote:
What am i doing wrong, o the wise one? He THANKS Riot for their incompetence. These kind of bugs and unbalances should not be in a game in the first place, and you kneel before Morello for merely "looking" into that matter. And all other people are thanking and upvoting, because Riot has descended from heavens to answer our prayers... It's their job. So please explain me what am i doing wrong. Should i copypaste his message everywhere? What will it change? Next champion will be the same. Bugs, imbalance. Everything will repeat itself. Because it happened to Caitlyn. It happened before in one way or another. When you are new, and see this kind of behavior from Riot for a first time, it's ok. You can adress them in a quiet matter. But when you see this every frigging time they release a champion without any testing, then you become........furious.

Quote:
If the ****ing search button was working, I would have known of this thread and wouldn't have made this one. Shame on me.
Yup. exactly. I'm so bad for not being able to use search function. I'm so sorry. Will your highness, FDru, forgive me? Please?

Erebos

01-26-2011

Played again 2 games with Renek, and it was impossible to go for positive stats.

Yeah, both wins, but just because i had a good team. I did nearly nothing in both games.

I couldn't do anything.

I do no dmg, i die in seconds, i cant really disable (95% of situations a 0.75 sec stun), i cant really farm until lategame (MF farms a creepwave faster with autoattacks, then Renekton with his aoe skills), and im not a good escaper/chaser.

Atm Renekton is just nothing, and im the first morde ults, because its a free ghost for him.

I will quit Renekton now, because how funny his playstyle is, that don't makes fun atm.

If Riot waits till Tuesday with his buff, i will think twice, next time i wanna buy RP, to get a champ with a nice playstyle.

Thanks for that funny experience, once again, Riot.

(Put Renekton next to LeBlanc, in the "never played again after payed money for them" section)