Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton should have been hotfixed..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RF Komos

01-26-2011

" OMG RIOT STOP RELEASING OP CHAMPS"

"OMG RIOT STOP RELEASING UP CHAMPS"

People just don't stop whining. I'd rather they release UP Champs so we can learn the mechanics behind them without getting roflstomped, then buff them to a good point next patch.

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

Quote:
Karsengir:
Apparently 1 side of the extreme is hotfix worthy (being overpowered), but not the other side (being underpowered/bugged).

Funny world, huh?

You got it. Think about Toyota with the gas pedal sticking. They recalled the cars and fixed the problem. Well, patch the champions with bugs that make them completely useless. If they are underpowered, then that can be fixed with a regular patch cycle. However, being bugged is NOT ok and should be fixed right away.

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

Quote:
Blazing Ghestal:

People just don't stop whining. I'd rather they release UP Champs so we can learn the mechanics behind them without getting roflstomped, then buff them to a good point next patch.

This isn't entirely about being underpowered. It's about Riots knee jerk nerf without proper testing that left him in an unusable bugged state. I'm calling out their lazyness.

got321321

01-26-2011

Quote:
Not a QQ thread, but seriously, how could a bug that doesn't give him MR / Armor from items not be hotfixed?

except if you give me the source, renekton always benefited from mr/armor items

BloodLikeIce

Recruiter

01-26-2011

I have played Tank Renek like 5 times in the last week.. I didn't notice a thing other than my CD's being a little high despite having CDR boots.. Then again I would feel OP with shorter CD's.. Idk maybe it's just the people I play against are bad.

ILoveCuteStuff

01-26-2011

Quote:
BloodLikeIce:
I have played Tank Renek like 5 times in the last week.. I didn't notice a thing other than my CD's being a little high despite having CDR boots.. Then again I would feel OP with shorter CD's.. Idk maybe it's just the people I play against are bad.

thats funny I bought Randuins, Force of Nature and Banshees in a game and was getting basically instagibbed by any high burst champ

GmanSix

01-26-2011

Quote:
Mindwave:
They literally broke the champion because they didn't do enough testing, and that just shows how lazy Riot really is. I love the champion but that's just poor quality.

You just lost all credibility you had going in this thread.

I am sure Riot is NOT lazy. They may have not play-tested the champion to your high standards, but that doesn't make them lazy. If so, my father would have considered me the laziest slob on earth ("What do you mean look at all those As on your report card...what is this A-? /furious&quot.

JettGDragon

01-26-2011

I agree with the OP, they should not have nerfed the champ so heavily just a few hours before release.... there's no testing time, resulting in a broken & underpowered champion being released.
This was sloppy & rather appalling service imo.

FDru

01-26-2011

Quote:
BloodLikeIce:

Rule of thumb: if you're not losing half your games, then the people you're playing against are bad / you're at bad elo. Either that or you're one of the masters of LoL at the very top of the ladder (which I must assume you're not).

Though I personally feel the Renekton complaints are exaggerated. He's not unplayable by any means.

Erebos

01-26-2011

Quote:
Blazing Ghestal:

How would it be with balanced? Bum!

Next patch, yeah, wait 2 weeks to finally play that champ you bought?