Renekton should have been hotfixed..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

Not a QQ thread, but seriously, how could a bug that doesn't give him MR / Armor from items not be hotfixed?

He has a plethora of other issues too. Why does he HAVE to build CDR, I really hope the CD's are lowered a bit. There is literally no other way to build him if you expect to do absolutely any damage. A major problem is he has a "vicious circle" effect. He needs CDR to be useful, but that means he can't rush AD items that all his abilities except his ult scales from. He can't build AD items because he dies from Annies auto attacks, so he has to build Tank. Oh, wait, he is bugged. So glass cannon? Do I get lower CDs and sacrifice damage? What to do, what to do.

Honestly at first I thought he was super balanced, but that was because no one knew how to counter him yet. Then it became common knowledge he was bugged. His passive was changed from bonus MR / Armor to double fury under 40% hp. Ok, that's decent I suppose, but what about the fact that his fury generation was cut in half? Good thing I have to push the lane in order to get fury, which is ridiculous. I just don't understand how you can have a dedicated experienced team of people who specifically balance champions, but realize he was too powerful a few hours before his release? Was there any internal playtesting? This time around I think it would have been better to release him in the state he was shown and then tone him down. I haven't insta-bought a champion since LeBlanc, and for good reason. There is always some kind of problem with them on release. It hasn't changed since Lux.

TL;DR Renekton sucks hard on release and no it isn't "because I haven't learned him" it's because he is broken and bugged.

/rant

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-26-2011

They only hotfix things that are gamebreaking. A bug like that only affects the game for one person so it does not interrupt the fun of others. The only things usually hotfixed are when champions are really OP and cause an entire team to want to shoot themselves. An OP champion will be exploited while one that is considered UP can just not be chosen.

Gangplant

01-26-2011

They hotfix gamebreaking or ridiculously OP bugs/things.

If a champ has an issue causing them to be underpowered, it's not gamebreaking, and can wait for the next patch. No reason to put all that work into fixing something that can wait.

AgitatedSkyGod

01-26-2011

i agree he does need some work but he is still fun to play but your survivability is terrible

DOWNL1NK

01-26-2011

I'm saying he is blatantly bugged. There should have been more rigorous testing. I will quote myself.

Quote:
I just don't understand how you can have a dedicated experienced team of people who specifically balance champions, but realize he was too powerful a few hours before his release? Was there any internal playtesting? This time around I think it would have been better to release him in the state he was shown and then tone him down.
Make the changes in the next patch. If he was OP like LeBlanc then hotfix. They literally broke the champion because they didn't do enough testing, and that just shows how lazy Riot really is. I love the champion but that's just poor quality. Caitlyn was subject to the same problem with her ult having MULTIPLE bugs, and she wasn't even changed afaik before release. Yet bugs like that slip through. It's just lazyness, and I don't like how we have to deal with that when the spotlight makes something look so good only to find out a handful of gamebreaking bugs.

DapperJope

01-26-2011

Apparently 1 side of the extreme is hotfix worthy (being overpowered), but not the other side (being underpowered/bugged).

Funny world, huh?

Erebos

01-26-2011

Not gamebreaking when you loose because you or a teammate picked that champ? Whats the different to, when you loose because an enemy picked a special champ.

In both ways its gamebreaking, its even more annoying in that way, because it also sucks for the one who bought the champ.

It affects the same amount of ppl.

OP Champ = 5 ppl in the other team are mad

UP Champ = the 5 ppl in the team which got the champ are mad

Over that, its not funny for me to play against/with either a UP-, or a OP champ.

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsengir View Post
Apparently 1 side of the extreme is hotfix worthy (being overpowered), but not the other side (being underpowered/bugged).

Funny world, huh?
An OP champion will be exploited and ruin the fun of the game for many others. A UP/bugged champion does not have to be chosen and doesn't ruin the game making it an unfair match.

Send Me Lewds

01-26-2011

Renekton isn't underpowered, but the bugs are pretty bad. Really can't believe they wouldn't fix something like that.

Ziggycuff

01-26-2011

Sorry cant resist