Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Viability of healers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

01-26-2011

ap nidalee is my favorite healer. her dmg is insane and her heal is just as good as most other healer champs.

taric is my 2nd favorite and thats only for the stun (and his innate fabulousness)

saixx

Recruiter

01-26-2011

sona decent, soraka decent, nid decent, kayle decent, taric great, janna great.

I still prefer nidalee so I can farm, I can push, I can do damage in teamfights, AND support.
That AS is beastly enough without the 650 heal. lasts 7 seconds, is 6 sec cd with reduc, and is 60% atk speed. Throw that on a carry or AD, or even yourself if pushing a tower. The heal component is 180+1.25 AP so with 400 AP i do 680 heals, +60% atk speed.
Her spears throw out 230+.65AP. That makes 490dmg spears at 400ap, BUT deals more damage the further away, up to 250%. so 490 becomes 1225 damage spears.
Her traps do 260+1*AP so thats 660 dmg traps andz they lower armor by 40%, thats a free last whisper and void staff at once.
add on to that her kitty cat skills for chasing with pounce spam, all her cat skills use no mp so she can conserve it to heal/support.

Don't count out the crazy cat lady. Last game I played her team loved me, I kept sniping people under turrets with my spear. They dont seem to understand that my spear does more further away. An early tear leads to being capped tear at about 10-15 minutes due to cougar easily spamming when farming with no mp costs.

/end rant

As always sorry for grammar, all my posts come to you from my desk at work where I type inbetween things...starting to wish I could make this a signature

saixx

Recruiter

01-26-2011

Quote:
Larkhill:
ap nidalee is my favorite healer. her dmg is insane and her heal is just as good as most other healer champs.

taric is my 2nd favorite and thats only for the stun (and his innate fabulousness)

her heal is actually the MOST powerful, not just as good as. Due to her 1.25 AP ratio with enough AP it puts other healers to shame, she just doesnt get the world all ally heal of soraka or the heal you heal me taric.

Thinkdealer

01-26-2011

I have to say that soraka is pretty underpowered. Shes really terrible lategame, early game shes very hard to push out of lane, but on the other hand she does pretty bad damage. sorakas burst heal does maybe 1/4th of a champs hp which is hardly helpful in a team fight and its not like she can do anything else. The one thing soraka is good at is being in a duo lane and allowing her partner to dominate the lane. Yes, at level one sorakas heal is kind of OP. No that doesnt mean that she is any good. I dont claim that there isnt some really good soraka players, but i would rather have the really good sona/janna players on my team. Riot kind of hates heals. And since soraka is based as being a pure healing champ she kinda fails. The defining characteristic of a support champ is not the heal. Its buffs/disables. The heal is the extra stuff. IMO soraka CAN be played well, but in her current state shes just awful compared to other support.

FaerellG

01-26-2011

Most healers come with some sort of alternative support as well. Sona's comes with auras and an Ult AoE stun. Taric is naturally a tank with good burst damage, auras and a stun, Janna (not a ult healer only, but has a shield) comes with crowd control and positioning control abilities as well.

Thus the problem with Soraka, her "other stuff" is missing. I would compare her to Yi in terms of how they contribute to games.

Soraka does 1 thing very well: heals...she doesn't do much else.
Yi does 1 thing very well: DPS...he doesn't really do much else (unless you go AP)

Degato

01-26-2011

I'm a noob but I had the wind chick in my lane last night while I was playing Pantheon. The mana regen was amazing and I was able to harrass with a fierceness. It was my best game all night and the player was great with her from what I could tell. Her huge cyclone knockup ability was awesome support.

EzraTwitch

01-26-2011

I don't play her myself but my friend plays her, and to everyone who says all she does is heal is incorrect. Pro Sorakas are a nightmare to play against, especially with a coordinated team, yes her primary focus is healing, but built properly and managed properly she can do alot, 1 she has the longest range silence in the game and it last forever, her star fall drops magic resist of those hit, she has a magic resistance aura and her normal heal is also an armor buff, and my friend runs her with summoner heal, so ult+summoner heal can effectively restore most of the team 1/2 to 3/4 quarters of there hp in a pitched team battle. That being said my buddy is a good soraka,but there aren't many. I personally believe that peoples low opinion of her comes from the fact the many people don't put the time into soraka thats needed to actually do good with her.

my 2 cents.

Ichikaze

01-26-2011

Zilean is the boss of supportz.

Fiendolo

01-26-2011

Quote:
Triss Teh:
Soraka KO'ed me and my ally 2v1 in the first minutes of them game because of her heal. She healed back ALL of the damage we dealt out. She had almost no life and then heal heal she's full life again. We were arranged too on Skype so it's not like we were uncoordinated with our attacks..

I'm confused how that could even happen. She still wouldnt be able to deal out enough dmg and the CD on her heal is long enough you should have been able to bumrush her easy.

Insanecorn

01-26-2011

Quote:
saixx:
sona decent, soraka decent, nid decent, kayle decent, taric great, janna great.

I still prefer nidalee so I can farm, I can push, I can do damage in teamfights, AND support.
That AS is beastly enough without the 650 heal. lasts 7 seconds, is 6 sec cd with reduc, and is 60% atk speed. Throw that on a carry or AD, or even yourself if pushing a tower. The heal component is 180+1.25 AP so with 400 AP i do 680 heals, +60% atk speed.
Her spears throw out 230+.65AP. That makes 490dmg spears at 400ap, BUT deals more damage the further away, up to 250%. so 490 becomes 1225 damage spears.
Her traps do 260+1*AP so thats 660 dmg traps andz they lower armor by 40%, thats a free last whisper and void staff at once.
add on to that her kitty cat skills for chasing with pounce spam, all her cat skills use no mp so she can conserve it to heal/support.

Don't count out the crazy cat lady. Last game I played her team loved me, I kept sniping people under turrets with my spear. They dont seem to understand that my spear does more further away. An early tear leads to being capped tear at about 10-15 minutes due to cougar easily spamming when farming with no mp costs.

/end rant

As always sorry for grammar, all my posts come to you from my desk at work where I type inbetween things...starting to wish I could make this a signature

Her trap is .4 ap ratio. The rest you got correct.

@fiend

That's not hard...nidalee has the same cd and such except soraka has a better base heal amount and adds armor. Add in the fact her starfall is fairly spammable and she has a mana regen etc etc etc but all depends on runes/masteries/summoner spells etc. Still very possible. I've done it as nidalee a number of times...even got first blood or such at times.