Poppy, making Yi look like a little girl

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rosham

01-15-2010

Guide

I can't imagine they're going to leave Poppy as is. With mild customization to enemy champ makeup she dominates nearly every situation.

That said, till the nerf bat comes, this is how I will be making any non-Poppy champ weep. Any tips on how to handle a mirror match are welcome. Only item that I find gives you much of an edge is the sunfire cape, as its magic damage and doesn't butt up against Poppies damage reduction passive.

Rosham

01-18-2010

Figured I'd at least get called a noob for using Tiamat.

Shatterlight

01-18-2010

You should include the exact order you get the gear in. I feel that determines a lot of the builds use. Especially with Tiamat, which needs to be placed pretty much perfectly into the build order, or it is worthless. I'm iffy on the use of it as is, and while Poppy does have trouble farming...why not gank more? 2200 gold for Tiamat, or 1850 I believe a BFSword is, providing more damage for cheaper and bringing you lots closer to the Infinity Edge earlier.

ednob

01-18-2010

I build her way differently, I went up against a poppy who was using something similar to your build and I really overpowered her. I buy
mana crystal + 2 pots
amp tome
sheen(important as early as possible, for most of the game you need to use your q skill with the sheen buff to maximize burst damage)
boots
dagger
berserkers greaves
vamp scepter
brawlers gloves
executioners calling(always useful, i find, even after the healing reduction .. reduction. still 50% reduction is very very useful for 12 seconds)

at this point i evaluate whether i will gain more from sheen, or phage, then build with that first towards trinity force.

last item is either infinity edge for pure killing, or if the game is going to end soon i go for a malady.

i find with this build i am not only very dangerous, but survivable as well with the lifesteal.

skilling is r>q>e>w, summoner spells are rally and flash.