Nasus and Tiamat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

01-16-2010

Sigh. Dorans is fine for nasus, though i prefer a saphire myself as i start with sheen, head for aegis and merc/ninjas and finish tri force

Tiamat is a bad item, the only hero it can be justified on is twitch.

Also, SS does not work with devastating blow so i dont think it does with SS. No reason to get it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Tiamat is good for any one who will be a dedicated pusher--it gives both HP and MP regen, and it helps you push a lot. I sometimes get it 2nd as Sivir after Berserker Boot if I feel like doing some insane backdooring. Same for a lot of other support champs with innate AoE (Janna, Soraka). That's just me though.

Zenanii

01-16-2010

I thought the whole question was if you could build upp extra damage on SS at an insane speed by killing 3-4 creeps with a SS hit + tiamat.

Mpalm

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMumbleAlot View Post
Its interesting how you have derailed a discussion about a useful item which is complementary to a character's ability and used it to bash another player based solely on his champion kill-death ratio...

Champ kills are not what this game is about... I play for the wins, of which I have 210 as opposed to your 161.. This is because I am a team player, and you are just interested in kills on the board which explains your extensive use of Karthus. I can hear you now, "my teammates are noobs", "stop feeding alistar, your 1-2-6"

Also, nasus makes a much better pusher than he does a tank, sure you can build him for tanking and taking out champs, but you fail to see that there are many effective ways to use every champ.

If you would like, since you find it so interesting, you can start a new thread about my low champ kill scoring games. Then maybe you can stay on topic...

Speaking of your assertion about playing high ELO games, exactly what are you basing this on? The matchmaking system does not share ELO ratings with players.
Well that's what you get for saying "Lmao, doran's shield" like I don't know what I'm talking about.

I could care less about the K/D ratio, but moreso about the dumb item builds you use that clearly are not effective. Going 1-2-6 is significantly different than 1-13-1 like your Nasus... unless you are a team player for the enemy team.

Nasus tank with aegis + trinity force is just as good a pusher as your... idk, codex + tiamat build? You should always max out his AOE first, and once you get sheen you'll easily be able to spam it and push down towers. You say I'm not a team player, but I rush aegis and that's a TEAM ITEM genius. The damage tiamat adds is negligible and its cost isn't justified at all. The only champion I could see using tiamat to have any effect is Twitch, but he can do much better with other items as well.

As for my "extensive" use of karthus, I just started playing him since he was buffed because I play all the champions and wanted to practice with him. Last week if you looked I was probably all Mundo and Sivir, week before that probably all Malphite etc. What exactly does you having ~50 more wins than I do have anything to do with? That I'm not a team player? So my mundo game: 7-4-17, or karthus 13-9-24, or alistar 1-0-11, or nasus 8-1-7, yeah clearly i just run around solo all day and don't help my team at all... brilliant post, keep up the good work.

As for how people know they are in high Elo games, people know who the top players are and get put against them. It's very surprising if you get matched up against a full team that you do not recognize.

Tiamat is a bad item, no one should buy it until it receives a significant buff. As for the original question, I'm pretty sure it does not proc with SS and only procs with normal attacks.

togarda

01-16-2010

I use Tiamat as tristana sometimes...serves for extreme pushing given how 3-5 attacks will take down a creep wave with no mana (attack, tiamat hits other minions around it, kill minion it explodes and kill the other minions) and it's great for dealing with noobs since they don't know what's hitting them since I'm not directly attacking them.

Ytinasni

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
Sigh. Dorans is fine for nasus, though i prefer a saphire myself as i start with sheen, head for aegis and merc/ninjas and finish tri force

Tiamat is a bad item, the only hero it can be justified on is twitch.

Also, SS does not work with devastating blow so i dont think it does with SS. No reason to get it.

The damage from SS is splashed, but it does not get the power up from it, I tested this the other day out of curiosity.

ImmaRobotLOL

01-16-2010

Tiamat on Nasus is lol

Xaneph

03-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
I'm not missing the point, Tiamat is a terrible item and there's a reason nobody buys it in top ranked games.

All Nasus needs: Doran's shield > Aegis > Mercury Treads / Ninja Tabi > Trinity Force
Did you seriously just say that nobody buys Tiamat top ranked...are you just plain ignorant? Its one of the great rush picks for AD Assassin class characters who play top. I'll rank you top and out cs and snowball your face with tiamat and a flurry of armor pen before you can even upgrade your boots if you think tank top is the only way to play.

King Taloren

03-21-2014

Wow... Extreme necro post is necromancies.

Xan, this post was made over four years ago when Tiamat was actually pretty bad item..

Tawii

03-22-2014

He'll have a good career as an archaeologist.