Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus and Tiamat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TarlSS

01-15-2010

Obviously, Nasus doesn't need Tiamat to wn AOE.

However, does Siphoning strike work with tiamat? Do tiamat/SS strikes power SS? If it did, that would be huge..

Mpalm

01-15-2010

Don't get Tiamat...

EVER.

Avloren

01-15-2010

Don't honestly know, but even if it did work with tiamat, it wouldn't be that amazing - any damage/attack speed/etc increasing skill + tiamat is going to put out more aoe damage than siphoning strike + tiamat. Think of a Yi with tiamat, and the splash damage being buffed by wuju and highlander (not to mention his other items), Yi would cause a whole lot more aoe hurt to an enemy team than a Nasus SSing with tiamat.

iMumbleAlot

01-15-2010

ok, i think mpalm is missing the point here, and tiamat is an extremely useful pushing tool, kinda like nasus. They almost belong together.

Tiamat DOES splash the damage bonus given by siphon strike last time i checked, however by my count the splashed kills do not charge the strike. I DO use tiamat with nasus.

Mpalm

01-15-2010

Quote:
iMumbleAlot:
ok, i think mpalm is missing the point here, and tiamat is an extremely useful pushing tool, kinda like nasus. They almost belong together.

Tiamat DOES splash the damage bonus given by siphon strike last time i checked, however by my count the splashed kills do not charge the strike. I DO use tiamat with nasus.

I'm not missing the point, Tiamat is a terrible item and there's a reason nobody buys it in top ranked games.

All Nasus needs: Doran's shield > Aegis > Mercury Treads / Ninja Tabi > Trinity Force

iMumbleAlot

01-15-2010

lmao, Dorans Shield... ? Nasus uses a significant amount of mana and requires significant mana regen to stay effective. What I don't think he needs is health regen. Yes, you get the health regen with tiamat, and it does help him stay on the front longer, but I definitely do not consider it something nasus needs.

PrawnWonton

01-15-2010

Why in the world does Nasus, of all characters, need any help at all in pushing? He is the God of Farming incarnate. One spirit fire wipes an entire creep wave every time. He can barely get a Siphon Strike off before all the creeps die.

As for team fights, the very minor AoE splash damage from Tiamat would rarely hit more than 1-2 enemies.

dontbestubborn

01-15-2010

Quote:
PrawnWonton:
Why in the world does Nasus, of all characters, need any help at all in pushing? He is the God of Farming incarnate. One spirit fire wipes an entire creep wave every time. He can barely get a Siphon Strike off before all the creeps die.

As for team fights, the very minor AoE splash damage from Tiamat would rarely hit more than 1-2 enemies.

Agree.. Nasus has no trouble clearing out creep waves and with Trinity force, siphoning strike is powerful enough.. use the money for tiamat on something else.. like finishing trinity force faster or something

Mpalm

01-15-2010

Quote:
iMumbleAlot:
lmao, Dorans Shield... ? Nasus uses a significant amount of mana and requires significant mana regen to stay effective. What I don't think he needs is health regen. Yes, you get the health regen with tiamat, and it does help him stay on the front longer, but I definitely do not consider it something nasus needs.

Yeah sorry I play in high elo so I can't use stupid builds.

Those games where you get codex on Nasus and go 1-13 wouldn't fly.

Neither would your 4-11 zhonya alistar, or 1-7 archangel alistar.

These are the types of players that buy tiamat guys... and that should be reason enough not to buy it.

But hey, maybe i'm wrong. I mean, why would Nasus, a tank, need health regen, armor and health? Sounds crazy I know.

iMumbleAlot

01-16-2010

Its interesting how you have derailed a discussion about a useful item which is complementary to a character's ability and used it to bash another player based solely on his champion kill-death ratio...

Champ kills are not what this game is about... I play for the wins, of which I have 210 as opposed to your 161.. This is because I am a team player, and you are just interested in kills on the board which explains your extensive use of Karthus. I can hear you now, "my teammates are noobs", "stop feeding alistar, your 1-2-6"

Also, nasus makes a much better pusher than he does a tank, sure you can build him for tanking and taking out champs, but you fail to see that there are many effective ways to use every champ.

If you would like, since you find it so interesting, you can start a new thread about my low champ kill scoring games. Then maybe you can stay on topic...

Speaking of your assertion about playing high ELO games, exactly what are you basing this on? The matchmaking system does not share ELO ratings with players.