Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team chemistry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SegerUtanGreger

01-15-2010

I got two questions:

1. How many tanks, supports, dps, casters etc should you have in one team? Well i guess you can have alot of diffrent line-ups but yea.

2. A team of Annie, Malphite, Ryze, Udyr and twitch. Is that a good team ? Or what would you change in it if it isn't a good team?

Thanks
Rob~

Sylph

Recruiter

01-15-2010

Some nice points were brought up during this post: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=47154&highlight=champion+types

Not sure if this will help, but there were some nice points that were brought up.

SegerUtanGreger

01-15-2010

Quote:
Sylph1:
Some nice points were brought up during this post: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=47154&highlight=champion+types

Not sure if this will help, but there were some nice points that were brought up.

Well it helped me abit, didn't answer my questions though. Thank you for taking your time finding that thread though.

Gaeb

Recruiter

01-15-2010

Quote:

2. A team of Annie, Malphite, Ryze, Udyr and twitch. Is that a good team ? Or what would you change in it if it isn't a good team?

Aoe disable (Malphite, + somewhat Annie- Tibsstun),
Aoe damage (Twitch, Ryze, + somewhat Annie - Tibsdmg)

Udyr might be swapped for more synergy, but he's also rather godly 1v1, doesn't die much in good hands, and can push towers pretty well.

That's definitely a decent team with good players.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

01-15-2010

I typically think that one tank type, such as malphite, rammus, or even a good tank poppy, is required in a good composition (read, just because you are not labelled as a tank by the game doesnt mean you are not a good tank. malphite is not labelled as a tank, but nasus is. use common sense)
One support hero, such as kayle, soraka, or morgana, is also optimal.
One tough physical dps pusher, such as sivir (best pusher in game, though not exactly tough...), dps poppy, nasus, or blitzcrank is also great.
One hard carry, preferably ranged, such as ashe, tristana, corki, even teemo, or twitch
One mage, such as annie, viegar, and karthus (I tend to stay away from ryze as he only has single target cc, whereas annie can AoE with passive up. I think a Karthus that is pro with wall, or a viegar, are the best. omg a good viegar is godly, he has like 2 ults)

This is probably the most balanced team makeup. You should be careful and not overload on mages as you lose any tower killing capabilities you need to win the game, at the same time stay away from pure physical dps as armor stacking could destroy you in teamfights, and you are not as bursty and generally lack cc. Also dont go overboard on healing as outlasting is futile in teamfights.

JunkRamen

01-15-2010

Generally:

At least 1 carry (eg Twitch, Corki, Master Yi)
At least 1 tank (eg Alistar, Malphite, Cho'gath)

among those two and the next 3:

A number of stuns/blinds/silences (eg TF, Annie, Kassadin)
AoE damage (eg almost anyone but especially Nunu, Gangplank, Katarina)
Ganking power (eg TF, Katarina, Annie)
Initiator (eg Malphite, Singed, Fiddle)

That's really it. Supports, mages, and offtanks aren't required, but all of them can contribute well to a team.