Poppy TheoryCraft Combo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Granrok

01-15-2010

Consider this ability:
Devastating Blow
Poppy crushes her opponent, dealing base damage plus a flat amount and 8% of her target's max health as bonus damage. The bonus damage cannot exceed a threshold based on rank.

Now consider using these two items:
Madred's Bloodrazor
+30 Attack Damage +40% Attack Speed +25 Armor UNIQUE Passive: On hit, deals Magic Damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health.

and

+250 Mana +25 Ability Power UNIQUE Passive: 100% chance when an ability is used that your next physical attack deals 100% extra base damage. This effect has a 3 second cooldown.

Now the TheoryCraft... wait for it...
I turn on Devastating Blow. I charge with Poppy. Do those two items, in combo with Devastating Blow really give me a chance to hit, non crit, for just about one forth of my targets total life?

(4% + 8%) x 2 = 24% of their TOTAL LIFE.

Perhaps game dynamics don't allow for this.

G

Granrok

01-15-2010

I think it actually works out to 16%.

8%
4% x 2 = 8%

and of course that doesn't take any of the actual weapon or normal attack damage into consideration either.

TheI3east

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granrok View Post
Consider this ability:
Devastating Blow
Poppy crushes her opponent, dealing base damage plus a flat amount and 8% of her target's max health as bonus damage. The bonus damage cannot exceed a threshold based on rank.

Now consider using these two items:
Madred's Bloodrazor
+30 Attack Damage +40% Attack Speed +25 Armor UNIQUE Passive: On hit, deals Magic Damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health.

and

+250 Mana +25 Ability Power UNIQUE Passive: 100% chance when an ability is used that your next physical attack deals 100% extra base damage. This effect has a 3 second cooldown.

Now the TheoryCraft... wait for it...
I turn on Devastating Blow. I charge with Poppy. Do those two items, in combo with Devastating Blow really give me a chance to hit, non crit, for just about one forth of my targets total life?

(4% + 8%) x 2 = 24% of their TOTAL LIFE.

Perhaps game dynamics don't allow for this.

G
Nope, just 12%.

Granrok

01-15-2010

The 4% is taken into effect on the weapon damage or not?
Meaning is the damage total calculated for the weapon and then doubled? if so its 8% for the weapon

Tyrfang

01-15-2010

Sheen adds base damage. Base damage doesn't include item effects (except atma's impaler for some reason.) In other words, it doubles the damage you would do without items when you auto attack once.

It's still just 8% + 4% + some fixed amount...

That said, I wonder how that would turn out. I think the razor wouldn't be a bad item for poppy's starting build...

Granrok

01-15-2010

yeah that was sort of my point. Lots of people have been focusing on AP or extra damage or something for her. What if you focussed on an ability proc combo?

12% of someone's total life applied when they aren't maxed themselves gets ugly.

The math I did was a single charge combo at top level can do like 1100 damage non crit.