Kassadin, mana regain runes or Archangels staff??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Hero Story

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2011

I was thinking about throwing out my AP runes and replace them for flat mana regain. I normally run magic pen, AP , and CD runes with archangels for the mana.

What do you guys suggest to keep his mana up and in battles... Go with runes, or just stick with items?

RagnarVonBloodax

01-25-2011

Honestly, I get an AA, and meki pendant+ 2 H pots, but I always find I am OOM in the laning phase, so I run Mpen red and flat regen yellow and regen/lvl blue, oh and flat HP quints.

Super Hero Story

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2011

Nice insight! I like it, i'm sorry I should know this but what is AA?\

Do you go 9-0-21 in masteries?

RoflTroll

01-25-2011

ArchAngel...

Personally, I'd go with Rod of Ages instead for extra HP too, and just grab blue buff for regen later on.

I use:
Flat HP Quints
MPen red
MP5/lvl yellow/blue(it beats the flat one at level 5, what's the chance of you not getting that high in a game?)

During laning, Kass shouldn't have trouble with mana since you're mostly farming until level 6 anyway.

JWorth

01-25-2011

I've only been playing for a month but i'm lvl 26 and recently started trying out a new build. you'll see roughly what the build is in the link and of course if you need to get different items for situational stuff, do that. Since that pic, I've played 3 more and won them all. This is solo queue normal, so not ranked stuff. I try to get blue as often as possible to ensure that my mana never runes out and for cd's when i don't have mejai's full. as for runes i run mpen, cd's, health/18, health quints.

http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/w...sidinBuild.jpg

lol noob build, rift walking 7 times in a fight isn't useful, etc.

Benalicious

01-25-2011

The key to playing Kassadin effectively is balancing the AP you NEED to put out damage with the mana regen necessary to lane effectively. I've found that if buy mana regen items it either delays your damage too long or you're too squishy to farm well. The best build I've found goes like this:

Runes (probably the most important part)
Reds: Mpen
Yellow: Mp5/lvl
Blue: Mp5/lvl (seriously. do it. you need the mana regen.)
Quints: Flat health

Items: start with blue crystal and hp pot x2
>Catalyst/boots1
>Mejais
>Deathcap
>boots2
>Banshee's veil.

Yes, that's right, I typically don't get level two boots on kass till pretty late game. You honestly don't need them once you hit level 6 most of the time. Get your BV early if you're getting crushed by stuns. I usually run cleanse/flash though, so I can delay it a bit.

Super Hero Story

01-25-2011

awesome posts everyone, I love the insight from everyone.

Zero400

01-25-2011

Rod of ages and teleport. focus on getting blue because you and anivia benefit more then any other char and frankly get kind of OP.

those 3 things solve ur mana problem

And no boots??? come on thats just bad, thats cheap magic pen that youre missing out on, bad call

Sentient 6

01-26-2011

Both.

I actually build him with Mana Rgen Yellows, RoA, and Archangels. Both are awesome items, and you literally cannot have enough mana regen on kass. Also RoA and AAS stack nicely.

Smokin Soldier

01-26-2011

after trying a few things out I've found a build I like.
red mpen
yellow mp5 lvl
blue mp5 lvl
quint flat mp5
9/0/21
meki > tear > chalice > boots2 > deathcap > aa
ya it seems overkill but it works for me and early game I can just farm with nullsphere
I am still a little unsure of skilling order and what I prefer.