Seriously, can we get a 15 minute surrender already?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoJexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viro Melchior View Post
15 minute surrender. 50% ip/xp penalty.

I'd much rather spend 20 minutes on a game for half points, then 30 minutes if I'm going to lose anyways because the matchup is just that lobsided (or one side had leavers).
This sounds good. Or the other post that says if you lose 1~2 players, surrender becomes available.

patrat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2010

in practice games i think surrender timer should be 0 in real games... its just annoying when ppl surrender especially when theres only like 2-3 mins left... whats the point? cant u just sit there and wait another 3 mins and get the extra 5-11 ip for long defense? sure its not a ton of ip but when u consider the adverage match u earn about 80 ip and its 30 mins then thats 2.6 ip a min so the 5-11 ip u earn for long def is more then you earn for playing for 2-5 mins double ip for the time after u thought of surrender or 0 ip? whats better? i want my new cham i dont wanna spend money so just wait it out alt tab and read or watch something

robcerm

Recruiter

02-17-2010

I think this makes some sense and would like to see that timer go away or be reduced. Especially for "normal" or "practice" games. Ranked when available will be a beast of its own and will probably have different rules.

ArmourSmurf

02-18-2010

Seriously... This has to be the biggest whine thread for 12 years old I seen.

"it's no fun if I have no chance to win!" ohhh geez, ever thought about it the other way ? maybe the other person been having 3vs5 the whole day and been sucking it up just for sports and such, I know I have. Seems you guys care more about winning then learning, 3vs5 is a great learner how too be efficient. No you won't win (most likely) but you can learn alot about handling multiple Champs at once, aswell as laning too the best of your abilities since every second counts.

I think it's wonderful people are being forced to stay with their game, else you always have cry babies running because things arn't going like they want it too be. like my last game, 1 guy got pawned all the time, and soon as surrender vote got available he started doing it, we ofc voted no having 6 towers downed and they 1.

suck it up, not every game is their to be won, some are their to be learn or to lose so you learn some dignity and the value of a win.

And if still don't feel like sometimes playing 3vs5, go play dota gain where certain hero's are so overpowered you could solo the game...

The only thing I wish for, not anything stupid as a surrender, is like with Dota, when you have leaver, his gold is split between your team. That would help negate some of the advantages of 3 or 4 vs 5. And thats a far better balancer then a faster surrender.

DeadRamza

02-18-2010

there's always a chance to turn a game in your favor

and surrendering at 15???

wtf??

how could you manage to lose so much at the point to surrender at 15 minutes??

Cambios

Recruiter

02-18-2010

Perfect example of why a 15 minute surrender is needed.

7 minutes into the game:

Nunu, played by "WTF NOOB FEEDER", and Blitz played by "nanokelvin" died 3 times each while playing in the same lane, lost their tower, and then "WTF NOOB FEEDER" quit the game.

At that point, we really need to be able to just surrender.

Having to wait another 18 minutes is just a titanic waste of time.

Even worse, 10 minutes later, we get the announcement that servers are going down in 1 hour. So now, while waiting for the surrender time, we cannot even go play another game.

ArmourSmurf

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambios View Post
Perfect example of why a 15 minute surrender is needed.

7 minutes into the game:

Nunu, played by "WTF NOOB FEEDER", and Blitz played by "nanokelvin" died 3 times each while playing in the same lane, lost their tower, and then "WTF NOOB FEEDER" quit the game.

At that point, we really need to be able to just surrender.

Having to wait another 18 minutes is just a titanic waste of time.

Even worse, 10 minutes later, we get the announcement that servers are going down in 1 hour. So now, while waiting for the surrender time, we cannot even go play another game.
So instead of telling the "wtf" guy to calm down, help the noobs and explain what their doing wrong, they're by improving the all around gameplay for everyone. you want too basicly pet these kinda guys on the back and give them a easy way out. And ofc make things as easy as they can be for, YOU.

Jeebus

02-19-2010

since a nice topic for UI

Xetelian

02-19-2010

Lower the surrender time please.

Xetelian

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWedge View Post
Surrender does need to get tweeked but it needs to get changed in the other direction. I'm tired of people surrendering before an inhibitor is even down. It's today's "I want it now society" You can't improve if your only willing to play games your going to win. Eventually you'll just end up quitting everything. People surrendering because they lost a few fights and not a single inner turret is down is just bs and it has implications on a morals level on top of it. There are plenty of champs that don't even get started till late game. I've won games where we had all 3 of our inhibitors down and they didn't even have turrets down. Bunch of dang babies learn to put some effort into something.

The competitor to this game has a start over button for the early matches that mess up, both teams vote. I've restarted many games where generous people would allow the restart.

Surrendering in a game is about enjoyment, do you enjoy this game?

Do you enjoy losing?

How long are you willing to wait to get into a game you enjoy (see: Win) while in a game you don't?

You critique society and quiting but Bill Gates quit Harvard....
A lot of notable people quit things for any given reason.

Take a Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology class at the local community college and you'll understand a little more about the man-apes that rage at the computer.

We've always been this way, since before Greek - o - Roman periods.

I'm patient when I am hunting, I'll wait for my game, but if I'm not in an area where prey has ever been present its doing me more harm than good.

Clearly I made this way to long.

Summary:

He was wrong, about quitting but right about the morality of it. Move on.