Seriously, can we get a 15 minute surrender already?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

try playing a game where only you know how to acutally play, and after every game, get your pvp.net f*cked up. pls people, reduce the surrender time or have certain criteria. i hate it when its 3v5, but the 3 are lvl 30s with imba skills, and my teamamates are ******s. just a thought. its either that or freakin fix the ELO system and MM system!

Unhandled

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

When a game starts we are locked for 25 minutes into it, good or bad. There are times when it is really fun, lots of back and forth for both teams but the times when it is REALLY bad make the game seem more like a chore. Please address this issue, Riot.

I've decided that I even wouldn't mind a negative experience surrender where I would actually lose IP or XP just to have this option as soon as 5 minutes into the game. We are playing this game for fun and being forced to play a game where you are 3v5 is NOT FUN.

Jorael

01-21-2010

The surrender timer should be reduced to 15 minutes. There are clearly times when you just can't win anymore, so why should the losing team having to wait all that time just to loose anyway.
I aggree that there a times where you can win a game epicly that seemed lost clearly for something like 10 minutes, but that's why I'm fine with the 4 on 1 vote.
If you think you still have a chance, just vote no. If just one other player thinks that you should play on and perhaps even win, they'll do to.

WoodenPerfection

01-21-2010

Surrender should be available at all times for teams that have a different amount of participants than the other team.

epicgenic

01-21-2010

15 minutes is too early, though I like the idea that it could be set to that if there are certain circumstances met, like DCs or, say, being down by a ridiculous number of kills (20?). I stick games out if there's the slightest hope of winning, but under certain circumstances, yes, it should be triggered to be lower.

Viro Melchior

01-22-2010

Surrender available at 15:00. Requires unanimous approval.

At 25:00, one person can vote against and the surrender still pas.

At 40:00, only a simple majority is required to surrender.

If there is a currently disconnected player on your team, the surrender timer is moved forward 5 minutes for each benchmark.

If there are currently two or more disconnected players on your team and the timer is not yet to 10:00, there is a "request new game" option in the menu ui instead of surrender (and /surrender triggers the new game vote). A successful (unanimous) vote sends a vote to the opposing team. "Play this team again?" A double majority (1 nay vote max) chooses players out of the current queue to fill the deserted team, with blind character selection, and the players in the current game reset to the beginning, with new players added. A failed "Play Again" vote by the leaver-free team simply disbands the game, no win or loss for anyone and sends all players to the lobby.

Obviously any leavers are still leavers.

Lomion

01-31-2010

I agree that many people will surrender much more often if the time is reduced, but 2 very notable points have been made.
1- When a match loses 2 players from one team and becomes 3v5, it is incredibly tedious to sit through. Providing the 4th team mate doesn't return (after a few minutes or so), perhaps the surrender clock should be removed.
2- The surrender vote majority. As raised earlier, majority would technically be 3v5. If the majority of the team agree, then the others should just have to live with their decision.
Of course, I don't condone leaving matches too early on, but sometimes you get teamed up with some really hopeless cases. Perhaps if the surrender time stayed the same (except in the case of 3v5), but had a back-up system whereby if you've lost e.g. all outside towers, it would offer a surrender? Perhaps basing the back-up surrender option on loss of structures or team kill ratios could be a consideration? Just a thought.

KrashKourse

Recruiter

02-01-2010

1st thing i see people doing is farming IP every 15 min just for loosing and then the winners get the win for less time.

2 words FAIL BOAT

take it from me learn to play even when your down a champion :P go down fighting or go find a pratice game

SaiBot

02-01-2010

I'd put it back to 15 min with IP penality.

I think faster paced games make it funnier and more competitve.

Viro Melchior

02-01-2010

15 minute surrender. 50% ip/xp penalty.

I'd much rather spend 20 minutes on a game for half points, then 30 minutes if I'm going to lose anyways because the matchup is just that lobsided (or one side had leavers).