Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Seriously, can we get a 15 minute surrender already?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unhandled

Recruiter

01-15-2010

I don't care if you make it so we get 0 exp, it is seriously not fun to play a game 3 or 4 v 5 vs. a decent team. If someone leaves, the no-surrender timer needs to go away or get cut by 10 minutes. I am NOT having fun playing this game because of leavers already. It is very frustrating that your policy only lengthens the amount of time I'm not enjoying the game. Please fix this ASAP. Again, I don't care if I get 0 exp and 0 ip, I don't like playing games I have no chance of winning.

Theatrum

01-15-2010

I have played plenty of matches were we have won 4v5 but I've also played matches where 2 people have left, in that situation i think the surrender timer should be turned off.

Unhandled

Recruiter

01-15-2010

I'm not going to argue that it is impossible to win 4v5. I have won 4v5 before, but I've also been in several games where the players weren't bad and we had to go 4v5 or 3v5 and it was 25 minutes of some of the worst gameplay ever. (i.e., NOT FUN).

If we know we're up against a decent team, why should we be forced to play minus one player?

TheWedge

01-16-2010

Surrender does need to get tweeked but it needs to get changed in the other direction. I'm tired of people surrendering before an inhibitor is even down. It's today's "I want it now society" You can't improve if your only willing to play games your going to win. Eventually you'll just end up quitting everything. People surrendering because they lost a few fights and not a single inner turret is down is just bs and it has implications on a morals level on top of it. There are plenty of champs that don't even get started till late game. I've won games where we had all 3 of our inhibitors down and they didn't even have turrets down. Bunch of dang babies learn to put some effort into something.

talanas

01-16-2010

Quote:
TheWedge:
Surrender does need to get tweeked but it needs to get changed in the other direction. I'm tired of people surrendering before an inhibitor is even down. It's today's "I want it now society" You can't improve if your only willing to play games your going to win. Eventually you'll just end up quitting everything. People surrendering because they lost a few fights and not a single inner turret is down is just bs and it has implications on a morals level on top of it. There are plenty of champs that don't even get started till late game. I've won games where we had all 3 of our inhibitors down and they didn't even have turrets down. Bunch of dang babies learn to put some effort into something.

Completely agreed.

Eberus

01-16-2010

i agree with both of your arguments. The timer works well the way it is now, however, if a teammate leaves i do feel that a certin time(around 5 mins) should be shaved off the timer for each teammate that leaves.

Unhandled

Recruiter

01-17-2010

Quote:
I'm tired of people surrendering before an inhibitor is even down.
See, I would say I actually disagree.

There are times when you know the other team is better and possibly better coordinated (all 5 are on Ventrilo) or the other team just works better, has less feeders, etc. All it takes to ruin 3 players' night is two guys voting no to surrender or waiting T-25 minutes before you can surrender.

Losing slowly isn't fun and neither is waiting. Make it so 3vs2 on a surrender vote wins and reduce surrender time to 15 minutes or even less with obviously lowered experience gain (or 0 exp). I'd rather sacrifice experience and play a game I'm enjoying than be forced to suffer through a fed team's inevitable annihilation of our team.

Quote:
I've won games where we had all 3 of our inhibitors down and they didn't even have turrets down.

No offense, but I call BS on this and would love to see proof of this ever happening. 0 turrets on the other team down and all three of your inhibitors down yet you get a win? Maybe once in the history of LoL, but not multiple times and very not likely for anyone reading the forums right now. Perhaps a fed carry got to 18 and backdoored every turret but I still think you're completely making this up. It certainly hasn't happened more than once to any one person.

starmonkey

01-17-2010

Quote:
TheWedge:
People surrendering because they lost a few fights and not a single inner turret is down is just bs and it has implications on a morals level

I think you have issues at a moral level. Some people are experienced enough to know when they're beat.

* People surrender in starcraft (GG)
* People surrender in chess

The NEVER SAY DIE attitude is not the only valid one mate. Sometimes I know when I'm up against good players who are working well, it's only a matter of time.

I think if someone drops within say 5 minutes there should be a vote option by the 4-man team if they want to cancel the match with no penalty to them. The guy who left should still be flagged as a leaver.

Note the above suggestion could be open to abuse.

Tigga

01-17-2010

Strongly feel that surrender should be moved to 15 minutes, and 3v2 should also win the vote. 3 is a majority, majority wins.

Monad

01-18-2010

You start a 5v5. 1 guy never makes it into the game 1 diskconects. So its actually 3v5 and theres is nothing to do so you decide to feed them couse everything else doesnt make sense. And then people suddenly think im the moron of the day for not playing normally and not the people that made the game that force us to do nothing for 25 yet stay logged in to not get a leave. Theres something very wrong with that.