What do you feel about these ideas? Do you like them?

I like floating combat text, it would be very useful! I don't like numbered health bars though. 2 25.00%
I dislike floating combat text, but I like numbered health bars. 0 0%
I dislike both floating combat text and numbered health bars. 0 0%
I like both these ideas and I would love to see these implemented into the game! 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

[Suggestion] Floating Combat Text AND More Visible Numbers on Health

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Sandeep

01-23-2011

As a player of various dungeon crawling games and RTS/RPG games, one of the main issues that I notice with lol is this -

The lack of Scrolling Combat Text and the Lack of Visible numbers on health bars.

1 - Floating/Scrolling Combat Text

Players of games such as WoW know exactly what this is. Whenever you deal damage to an enemy or take damage, the amount of damage you take/deal is displayed on the enemy/you and rises up then dissapears.

Example: http://www.aspectofthehare.net/wp-co...w_pikesui3.jpg

The amount of information displayed could be customizable - from none to showing just the numbers in their appropriate colors [white reg damage, green heal, yellow crit, etc.,], to more detailed, such as naming the origin of those numbers.

This would be a great addition for players like me who appreciate the detail of the game and like to know exactly how much they are hitting and taking, thus allowing us to fine tune our play styles and builds.

2 - Display Numbers on Health Bars

Another issue that I notice in the game is the lack of text on health bars, IF THEY EXIST. Health bars on Champions are just... bars... the same for creeps. You have to click on the champion and concentrate on the top right of the screen to see what the actual numbers are....

Instead, it would be more appropriate if you gave the option to have the numbers ON the health bar. This could be displayed as the actual amount or as a percentage, but something more than just visual.

--------------------

I hope my suggestions are taken into consideration, and I am interested in seeing what the community feels about these suggestions. Note that all these, if implemented, would of course be optional to players and can be disabled.

spaceman jane

01-23-2011

I'd just like to see damage dealt/received be a little more visible.

King Sandeep

01-24-2011

bump

Perb

01-24-2011

You can edit the floating text a bit. Info here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...23#post5018590

King Sandeep

01-25-2011

Oh wow thanks Perb.