[Suggestion] Color-coded Damage Types

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ellye

01-25-2011

Just a suggestion, that probably has been made before: I believe it would be nice to be able to see different font colors for floating damage. Red for physical, yellow for magical, purple for true, for example. And, by the way, an option to increase the font size of this floating damage would be nice too.

It's simpler than a full-scale detailed floating combat text, but it would already be nice.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2011

I think I would have to disagree with this, mainly because it takes some skill out of the game. Part of the game is knowing your enemies weakness and strengths, and using them accordingly. I often find myself analysing a team and thinking "Okay, Thornmail? Magic resist? Squish'em?" and if I knew what damage was being done to me without even having to think about it, it might make things too easy. Although the death screen shows these details, I still like having that element of "know your enemy" in the game :-)

Ellye

01-25-2011

The only problem I see is that Magic Damage vs. Physical Damage in this game isn't intuitive.

A lot of characters that you'd believe deal physical damage (most character that hits with weapons) actually deal mostly magic damage. It's a bit arbitrary at times.

Why is Poppy's Devastating Blow magic damage? Why is Katarina's Bouncing Blade magic damage? Why is Miss Fortune's Double Up physical damage, while her Bullet Time is magic damage? For game balance, I suppose and understand. But it's really counter-intuitive, in my opinion. I wouldn't blame someone for building Armor against those characters mistakenly believing that it would protect them from those skills.

But then again, this would be another discussion altogether.