Why use Tiamat with Poppy? (from recommended build)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aethernaught

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorno View Post
It gives pushing and farming ability, which she is otherwise lacking.
I will agree with this. I've only used it a couple games cuz i was playin around with different items.

But...
In the laning phase, if you have 2-3 levels of W and Tiamat, you are doing a good bit of damage to your target than someone who just got Tiamat and more than someone who didn't. Add the splash to this, and you have a hefty chunk of non-mana-consuming aoe attacking for getting them creepses gold pouches.

Melonyan

01-16-2010

Tiamat is awful, the aoe on the splash is too small for it to be considered a viable item especially considering the damage bonus is less than a BF sword. It's like the pre-buff battlefury in dota, actually I'm sure it's even worse than that. As for the question at hand however, I obviously wouldn't recommend it on any hero and why it's recommended for her is anyone's guess.

komodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

1- Tiamat splashes for 50% on melee champions
2- her Q-skill doesn't splash
3- She doesn't have any farming skill to get her items, thus her farming must come from items. Then there are actually 3 options: tiamat, madred's razor and sunfire cape. Either of these could be good for her.

4- Since when would anyone expect a recommended build to be usefull?

Charmicarmicarmicat

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Riot probably wants people to start using Tiamat.
imo they should start making it useful then.

Ytinasni

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
I can confirm Tiamat does not work with Q.

I can also confirm that tiamat does not work with Q

MrFoxx

01-16-2010

Tiamat is a better item on master yi/twitch/teemu/ tristana then it is on poppy. With master yi it works wonders, you can tear through 2 champions rather quickly if they bunch up, it works well with tearing apart those group fights.

Poppy only need trinity force and boots, whatever else is just cherry. Odly enough.. trinity force isnt even a recommended item lol.

Mr Tibbers

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
Tiamat is a better item on master yi/twitch/teemu/ tristana then it is on poppy. With master yi it works wonders, you can tear through 2 champions rather quickly if they bunch up, it works well with tearing apart those group fights.

Poppy only need trinity force and boots, whatever else is just cherry. Odly enough.. trinity force isnt even a recommended item lol.
Oftentimes the best items aren't recommended. I don't think they intend the recommended items to be the bomb, they're just looking to make you useful to the team while you figure out how to play the champ and what to get it in another game.

Feynt

01-17-2010

Would be nice if you could change the recommended items for yourself so that instead of a "meh" build it becomes your standard "pwn face" build that you just click across. >)

Palador

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynt View Post
Would be nice if you could change the recommended items for yourself so that instead of a "meh" build it becomes your standard "pwn face" build that you just click across. >)

Pretty sure I heard this is something they are working on

Holypope

01-22-2010

rumor fix: tiamat splashes for 1/3rd damage, not 1/2.