Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why use Tiamat with Poppy? (from recommended build)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Clap

Recruiter

01-15-2010

Hey guys. I noticed that on the recommended build and several successful players in-game use Tiamat with Poppy. Just wondering what the purpose of that was (small area of effect or killing creeps more effectively?) I don't use that item much, I find that other damage items do a better job. Does it have any particular synergy with her skills? Thanks for the replies.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

Recruiter

01-15-2010

Why use Tiamat period? It's not so much that the role it fits is poor (splashing percentage damage is always nice), but that the item itself is just so terrible.

Holypope

01-15-2010

I've only played a couple games with Poppy, but so far I've found that I often end up in the middle of a tight group of enemies. She's built for that position and seems to have the durability for it. When enemies are clustered, Tiamat's splash damage is awesome. It's a flat 33% of whatever your attacks hit for. I'm not sure yet if any of her abilities trigger the splashes, but I suspect that her Q ability probably does... that hits for a ton of damage. Adding 33% splash to it makes for considerable bonus damage. (I'll confirm/debunk this idea over the weekend if no one else does).

Tiamat adds moderate flat damage, a situationally excellent splash, and a fair amount of mana regen that Poppy actually needs (unless you're getting it elsewhere). It doesn't seem like a horrible item. If it procs on Q, it's definitely a good item.

Hiclic

01-15-2010

How much damage does it splash to others when she's ulting?

edit: As in, she's splashing her damage *1.4 *.33, I believe.

Holypope

01-15-2010

the splash is a straight 1/3rd whatever she hits for with her basic attack, after all modifiers... at least with twitch. I tested it with him 2 patches ago.

His ult can cause multiple, overlapping splashes... making it an absurd twitch item. Think 200-300% bonus damage when you get a couple of them (they aren't expensive). Tiamats also stack with themselves.

Beegly Boogs

01-15-2010

I tried Tiamat and then ulting into a group of them. Was fairly effective, but I dunno how well it would work against an organized team. Nice for farming.

Mpalm

01-15-2010

Riot probably wants people to start using Tiamat.

Beegly Boogs

01-15-2010

I can confirm Tiamat does not work with Q.

WHAM

01-15-2010

I use it after if i have the money to buy it outright. But I dont even think about it until my 4th or 5th item. I like it because the splash also works for lifesteal. So instead of lifesteal from 1 champ/mob you get it from all around who is splashed.

Adorno

01-15-2010

It gives pushing and farming ability, which she is otherwise lacking.