Gee Off's legendary guide to kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Oddcreature

01-26-2011

Kassadin. The most underrated mage in the entire fields of justice. He has high enough burst to beat annie and veigar, as well as a killer area of effect slow, single target silence and handy escape mechanism. This is a guide for all of you who do not know how to use him effectively.

For runes, you wont really need them for this guide, as you will learn to be SMART with your mana, not spamming your abilities like a dumbass. Playing kassadin SMARTLY is better then playing him (neccessarily) offensively.

Summoner spells. I have played over 200 games with kassadin, and the majority of enemy kassadins i have seen take cleanse or ghost or even (sadly) clarity. Kassadin is not a person who needs clarity for kills. What I ALWAYS, let me repeat that, ALWAYS take as summoner spells is Heal, and Ignite. Trust me on this one. Your rift walk ability will save you more then ghost or cleanse or flash could ever dream of doing. You do not need any defensive masteries, either. ONLY choose heal time reduction mastery in the defensive tree.
Heal: Heal is a great choice for kassadin because of his rift walk abilities, and his early game squishiness. During the early games up until you are about level 6 or 7, you want to let your opponents harass you. Gradually you let them push all the way up to your tower,with you having pretty low health. Eventually they will get greedy and try to kill you.
This is when you counter them. The turret is your best friend in the early game phase. Kassadin is great for luring enemies into thinking they can kill you by your tower with low health. When they try this, do this combo.
Heal--->Null Sphere-->Force Pulse--->Ignite.
By that point, the tower you are underneath would already have struck them twice, maybe three times, and they will die.

I cannot stress to you the importance of using these summoner spells that i use with kassadin. His role is to nuke down those frail glass cannons that hide at the back and get kills. He is the one that will make them think twice about venturing off into the enemy territory, kassadin is terrifying to squishy characters.

Item builds. You want to start off with a rod of ages. This gives you plenty of health and mana and ability power to last you most of the game. The second item you MUST build is archangel's staff, because of the AP boost from mana.
You need a TON of mana for those late game chases and skirmishes, as you will be rift walking around in the background, blasting low hp targets and then getting the f**k out of there.
once those two core items are done, build Rabbadon's deathcap. From then on, build situational items, whether that be defensive or offensive.

EARLY GAME: Do NOT harass, let your opponents think they have the upper hand
Core combo for tower divers --->Heal,Null sphere, force pulse, riftwalk, ignite

MID-LATE GAME: Your job is now to be a striker. You are NOT to be involved in a frontal brawl with another team. You rift walk around the back and nuke GLASS CANNONS.
If your losing the fight, you can easily escape and slow multiple pursuers.

TSM Oddcreature

01-26-2011

bump

TSM Oddcreature

01-26-2011

bump for great justice

TSM Oddcreature

01-26-2011

sSethia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

Heal baiting only works against low level or players with little experience. A pro would check summoner spells in the beginning and wouldn't fall for heal baiting. I take Ignite and Cleanse as my summoner spells because the only thing that can kill Kassadin is CC. Otherwise, he's almost impossible to kill because of Riftwalk.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

Well you posted in the right forum this time. Too bad it doesn't suck any less than when you posted in the wrong one.

Crazyflames

01-26-2011

When has kassadin been underrated... Most times I see him he is sitting at 20 stacks due to people not realizing how much damage he can do and what he can escape from.

TSM Oddcreature

01-26-2011

bump

TSM Oddcreature

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
Well you posted in the right forum this time. Too bad it doesn't suck any less than when you posted in the wrong one.
is this all you do...go through forum posts and troll?

TSM Oddcreature

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sSethia View Post
Heal baiting only works against low level or players with little experience. A pro would check summoner spells in the beginning and wouldn't fall for heal baiting. I take Ignite and Cleanse as my summoner spells because the only thing that can kill Kassadin is CC. Otherwise, he's almost impossible to kill because of Riftwalk.
it works all the time