Amumu the full scale

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herroslol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-25-2011

I need tips on Amumu hes my new fav hero.
im currently rolling defence masteries and hp runes should I be changing anything, and my item build is bgoots of swiftness, 2 hp5/mp5/gp5 stone things, sunfire cape, force of nature if verusing power dmg casters or warmoungs armour if not then soul shroud.

please help

LilBoy Blue

01-25-2011

best advice for amumu: jungle. you do need to start at blue however, and that means you need your team to cover you.

Herroslol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-25-2011

I really do dislike jungling even on WW which is why I do not play 5v5 with WW

Herroslol

Recruiter

01-26-2011

seriously no1 has any tips? id pref tips on how to build not what to do tbh.

lolconk

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herroslol View Post
seriously no1 has any tips? id pref tips on how to build not what to do tbh.

I usually play lane amumu ... I used to get one of the philo stones you are talking about but it is easily avoidable :

Get either mp5 / lvl yellows or get the meditate mastery. For health regen, pick strenght of spirit in the defense. Both regens solved.

Items i go :

Dorans shield
sunfire cape
merc threads
aegis
abyssal scepter
moar defense (randuins, banshees)

Amumu got quite low natural hp, make sure to pick defensive items that adds hp. Also pick teleport, it allows you to refill your mana easily and the rune will keep you going as long as you dont spam too much your skills early on.

Vienna

01-26-2011

itemize accordingly. there are no set item builds, especially when tanks are concerned.

jungle paths to note are either vanilla cloth armor path through jungle or doran's shield, kill wraith's, leech up til 2 at mid, then golem.

Herroslol

Recruiter

01-26-2011

moar defense (randuins, banshees) wouldnt force of nature / warmougs be better options?

Goth Skunk

01-26-2011

When I play Amumu -- and I have a lot of fun doing so -- I play him in the lanes, and I always always ALWAYS start with regworth pendant, then get merc treads, Aegis, and GA.

Between the Aegis, Merc Treads and GA, you're looking at close to 150 armor and MR each, which given enough HP, should be sufficient against a well comped team.

At that point, Warmogs goes a long way in building up your toughness, which also uses the regrowth pendant you bought at the start of the game.

If the enemy team hasn't yet surrendered by this point, Frozen Mallet is a nice get. 700 hp and a 40% slow will suddenly make chasing fleeing enemies a lot easier.

Arisulane

01-26-2011

If you really hate jungling, a combination of catalyst and teleport will usually be more than enough to keep you trucking in a lane. It's recommended you just jungle though, even if it's as late as level 5. Catalyst will make jungling without smite a breeze, and Amumu is one of the scarier junglers.

JFKennedy

01-26-2011

The problem with warmogs and FoN is that Amumu needs health AND resistances to tank effectively.

I usually rush a sunfire (health, armor, aura are all amazing), then follow that up with either banshees, aegis, or randuins depending on team comp.

in order of what I get:

Enemy magic team:
merc treads
sunfire
bveil
negatron cloak
aegis
finish FoN
rylais OR abyssal

Enemy phys team:
ninja tabi
sunfire