Request: Udyr Jungling Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solus

01-15-2010

I've been reading around and a lot of people seem to praise Udyr's jungling ability, however I never see a Udyr with smilte/rally for jungling. Is there some trick to jungling at lvl 1 with Udyr? Like getting pheonix first? buying cloth armor? Perhaps elixir is the key? If anyone could elaborate on how to effectively jungle with Udyr without compromising his end game with smite/rally, I'd really appreciate it.

zoau

01-15-2010

have not tried it but turtle stance seems well suited. dmg absorb+ leech makes some good survival

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
I've been reading around and a lot of people seem to praise Udyr's jungling ability, however I never see a Udyr with smilte/rally for jungling. Is there some trick to jungling at lvl 1 with Udyr? Like getting pheonix first? buying cloth armor? Perhaps elixir is the key? If anyone could elaborate on how to effectively jungle with Udyr without compromising his end game with smite/rally, I'd really appreciate it.
Uh, smite/rally gives away your strategy.

And Udyr doesn't need it .

You're better off taking chasing skills like exhaust as even though Udyr has great speed, many champions have escape options.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-15-2010

I'll echo the OP. After a few levels Udyr can jungle easily with anything, but I'd like to know the best way to start it off, level one.

Solus

01-15-2010

So far I've tried:

1. Vampiric Scepter + Turtle Stance: Didn't work very well.

2. Vampiric Scepter + Phoenix Stance: Faster, but ended up healing at the same point as 1.

3. Cloth Armor/5 health pots: This one worked a lot better than the others. But it still didn't perform well enough to jungle from the get go. Mana became an issue.

Krath4

01-15-2010

If you're leveling up Turtle Stance when you can (which you should), I don't see mana becoming a problem.

Celevra

01-15-2010

Summoner Abilities
-Smite
-Exaust, Ghost, or Flash (for ganking/escape)

Starting items
Green Elixer
5-6 Health potions (you can wait for the sixth without losing jungling time now)

Abilities
Pheonix
Turtle
Pheonix
Bear
(From here I level more Pheonix for quicker jungling/ganking, but its up to you)

I usualy do a more AP build doing this
Nashor's tooth
Boots depending on game
Sheen/lichbane
Rageblade sometimes or more HP's

Anyways if you jungle like that right, You level faster then solo laners by a good amount.

WesleyC

01-15-2010

I posted my Udyr Jungling Mini-Guide:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?p=521085

I'm yet to lose a game with Udyr since the patch :P