Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Low costing ip ad carries.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinetyNineTails

01-24-2011

Xin Zhao is good tanky DPS. I find Yi a bit on the squishy side, personally. If you're looking for the cheapest (450 ip) characters, Sivir or Ashe would be good choices.

ldfhndfjkndh

01-24-2011

Quote:
Majulio:
Please, plese, please, teach me! I love Yi and don't want to stop playing him

Sure I actually just finished 2 games with 14-2 and 13-0 with this build so it's legit.

Build (in order): Philosopher's Stone, Zerk Greaves, Warmog's Armor, Atma's Impaler, Phantom Dancer, Vampire Scepter, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster

Yi is one of the BEST farmers in the game, due to Alpha Strike. PStone's huge mana regen stat will allow you to spam it, giving you more money. I suggest you start a custom game, and look through all the items I listed, try this build out, and you'll see that everything falls together very well.

The KEY to this build is to NEVER STOP FARMING. Downtime? Kill a few creep waves. No creeps around? Kill neutrals. In any other situation? Scout for squishies mid-game and kill them. Any time not spent killing stuff is time wasted.

You will also have to realize that you are fairly weak pre-Phantom Dancer, as you simply don't have the AS to dish out more damage than you will take, meaning until then you will have to play rather defensively, and only engage in fights with your teammates around. Like I said, try it out in a custom game, as it will take some getting used to.

Typical end game stats: 250-300 attack, 1.7 attack speed, 4k health. Need I say more?

For spells, I run Teleport and Exhaust. As for runes I really don't care, I still use tier 2 runes from when I was like level 15. lol.

Anyways. Hope this helped, and shaped the way you view Yi. People are gonna question you at first, but it's always fun to imagine the look on their faces when you quadrakill their whole team.

Zero400

01-24-2011

ASHE with brutalizer zeal and inf edge +banshees veil

Mystfyre

01-25-2011

Quote:
Dealer8743:
The best dps carry is tryandmere. He can crit for 800 regulary and has an ulti that makes him invincible. How can u beat that

By using a champion who blossoms much, much quicker and shuts down Tryndamere's farming so he can't build his damage. Yeah, Tryndamere is basically one of the hardest, if not the hardest, late game carries, but he's gotta farm first, and he tends to be high risk/high reward, unlike other dps carries such as Ashe or Tristana who can keep people at arm's length while wailing away.

I like Tryndamere and all, but I wouldn't say he's the end-all be-all dps carry, though he's certainly fun to play.

Quote:
ldfhndfjkndh:
Sure I actually just finished 2 games with 14-2 and 13-0 with this build so it's legit.

Build (in order): Philosopher's Stone, Zerk Greaves, Warmog's Armor, Atma's Impaler, Phantom Dancer, Vampire Scepter, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster

Yi is one of the BEST farmers in the game, due to Alpha Strike. PStone's huge mana regen stat will allow you to spam it, giving you more money. I suggest you start a custom game, and look through all the items I listed, try this build out, and you'll see that everything falls together very well.

The KEY to this build is to NEVER STOP FARMING. Downtime? Kill a few creep waves. No creeps around? Kill neutrals. In any other situation? Scout for squishies mid-game and kill them. Any time not spent killing stuff is time wasted.

You will also have to realize that you are fairly weak pre-Phantom Dancer, as you simply don't have the AS to dish out more damage than you will take, meaning until then you will have to play rather defensively, and only engage in fights with your teammates around. Like I said, try it out in a custom game, as it will take some getting used to.

Typical end game stats: 250-300 attack, 1.7 attack speed, 4k health. Need I say more?

For spells, I run Teleport and Exhaust. As for runes I really don't care, I still use tier 2 runes from when I was like level 15. lol.

Anyways. Hope this helped, and shaped the way you view Yi. People are gonna question you at first, but it's always fun to imagine the look on their faces when you quadrakill their whole team.

That is a pretty expensive build you got there. Mind giving a (realistic) estimate of when you usually have each item? I'm not interested in games when you facerolled the enemy team, I'm interested in games when you have to stay on your toes. If you can't give a rough time lapse off the top of your head, that is fine, just make a mental note of it when you play your next few games. I haven't played Yi since my noob days, but I'm looking to start playing a carry again so it'd be good to have more information.

Bumbah

01-25-2011

I think tryn was SUPER easy to learn, extremely cheap, and all you need to do it stack crit.

I may be assuming things, but it sounds like your "fairly" new to this game which means you will more than likely be paired with similar people. Therefore, tryn is your choice.

Farm minions, build 8 stacks of bloodlust (Q), then (E) into the enemy, auto attack, Press (Q) again to heal yourself, then (E) back out of the fight into safety. Easiest champ to get first blood IMO. Once you have your ult, you can bait bait bait!

Devious Rogue

01-25-2011

Yi. Max Alpha Strike or get it to level 4. Use it often on creeps and try to last hit often.

Buy Zerkers, and whatever damage items come to mind. Infinity's an old favourite althogh Wits End is very, very good value for money. Phantoms are good but you'll only need one. Yoomu's Ghost blade is also popular. Just whatever. Wait till the teamfights ar wel ladn truly underway, then run in and start swingign at the squishies looking guy.

Majulio

01-25-2011

Quote:
ldfhndfjkndh:

It seems nice, i'll try it. Until now i was using my ownversion of Pendragon/Lifesteal Yi, getting around 60% lifesteal, decent damage, a huge damage speed and decent crit range, plus 2 slows. And rushing Lantern if we don't have a jungler (Once i was very lucky, got a FB/Double kill, and started jungling with lantern at lvl 2).
Edit 2: Expt the flat Health Quints, i use the same runes. I wasn't that wrong, then xD

Quote:
Mystfyre:
[...]That is a pretty expensive build you got there. Mind giving a (realistic) estimate of when you usually have each item? I'm not interested in games when you facerolled the enemy team, I'm interested in games when you have to stay on your toes. If you can't give a rough time lapse off the top of your head, that is fine, just make a mental note of it when you play your next few games. I haven't played Yi since my noob days, but I'm looking to start playing a carry again so it'd be good to have more information.

For Yi, it isn't that expensive. If i do well, and the other team doesn't surrender, in a 45-50 min game, i can easily get over 19k gold, while having teammates with 8-9k.
Edit: If my teammates doesn't KS me 50% of the time, of course. And with every good Yi build, there is always a milestone, about lvl 9-12 in which you start farming enemies like if they were minions, so from there on, almost every time you're out of a teamfight (if you didnt pull out because of mana/hp problems), You're able to buy your next item or a good part of it.

ldfhndfjkndh

01-25-2011

Quote:
Mystfyre:
That is a pretty expensive build you got there. Mind giving a (realistic) estimate of when you usually have each item? I'm not interested in games when you facerolled the enemy team, I'm interested in games when you have to stay on your toes. If you can't give a rough time lapse off the top of your head, that is fine, just make a mental note of it when you play your next few games. I haven't played Yi since my noob days, but I'm looking to start playing a carry again so it'd be good to have more information.

Your core build is Zerk's, Warmog's, Atma's, and Phantom Dancer. It all comes together to about 9.5k, which is well within the reach of any average player with any average champion. I can't guarantee that anyone will be able to achieve the full build, but I did point out that Yi is an amazing farmer that puts him above the curve in terms of money making.

As for the item thing...I never keep track of the time, but I will probably get my PStone like literally in the first 5 minutes. The second time I recall (laning phase is pretty much over at this point), I get my Zerk Greaves and whatever item I can afford from Warmog's, then finish off Warmog's my third timing recalling. By the time I get Atma's I'm roughly level 12? 13? And Phantom Dancer is achieved rather late in the game. However, as soon as I get my PD I'm literally getting double and triple kills at least in every team fight, so the speed at which I get items grows exponentially. Once again, I can't guarantee that this will be your, or anyone else's, case, but considering you're a carry who has finished his core build, it's generally expected that you get a crapton of kills. And even in games where I end with a 3-0 or something, I'm already halfway through getting my Phantom Dancer, since Yi's such a great farmer.

So yeah, try him out, he's fun.

Sm1thback

01-25-2011

Quote:
Daethr:
ashe..she's easy and effective and failing with her is VERY VERY hard.D

Failing with Ashe is hard?!

I've played with/against all too many Ashe's who beg to differ.

Majulio

01-26-2011

Quote:
ldfhndfjkndh:
Your core build is Zerk's, Warmog's, Atma's, and Phantom Dancer. It all comes together to about 9.5k, which is well within the reach of any average player with any average champion. I can't guarantee that anyone will be able to achieve the full build, but I did point out that Yi is an amazing farmer that puts him above the curve in terms of money making[...]

I've been trying Ghostblade instead of Phantom, and it seems pretty well... if i don't need more survivability (FoN/Thornmail, depending on the situation) I end with Trinity. Any huge mistake there?