Should the 'Day & Night clock' system be used in game to create a new playing style?

Yes. Bringing back the 'Day and Night clock' system will benefit new ideas & playing styles! 30 73.17%
No. The idea doesn't seem like it will pass as a new playing style! 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

[Suggestion] "Day and Night clock" from DotA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

llkeeperll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

This comes from the Original DotA (Warcraft3 Mod).

I would like if they would bring this HUD system back because it will open a world to New Champions and Items that would surely make them fun & different to play with.

An a example for a "Example Champion"- Would be a 'Assasin' based melee with low health rate. High magic rate, And medium attack rate. Now this Champions ability would obviously have something to do with the time of day. For this Champion- It would be Night time. Everytime 5-8 Minutes Days turns to Night. This Champions Magic Ability will now be Passive 18%/27%/36% Stronger at night then at Day. Meaning the Champions only average in Stats during Day time making it most Vaunerable. while at Night, Goes on a hunt for enemy champions or Jungling/farming which would mean night time can be dangerous to face this champion alone.
Now about the champions abilitys. His Ultra would be toggle active but would only active during night. One of his abilitys would EX. "moon strike" "Would cause 80 During the day. But 119 +Magic damage & a stun at night" Another would be the ability to increase his Mana regenration as well as his speed by 15%/23%/30% Only at night. At day it would only regenrate small portion of health at day with a much more cost of mana.

You get the point of how this champion would be affected by the "Day and Night clock HUD"...

For an Item. Basically. a Active weapon that gains bonus effects of slow and attack speed at Night. Or Perhaps a Night Cloak. with a 60 second cooldown. For your invisible ganking needs or maybe a Invisible get away. (Oracles drink can counter this)Maybe the time of day can benefit new maps with Creeps that would only appear at night. and Day. The sound effects would obviously have Not-so noisy Crickets but noticeable at Night. Sounds of maybe a few birds chirping At Day.

The "Day and Night clock Hud" would play a strategic role for team games, items and to increase some divserity for each time you play either against a fearsome foe who relys on the Night with an ally who will count on the Strength of the Sun.

The "Day & Night Clock" in the HUD can take shape of both a round clock with 1 Hand and 2 different sides with both symbol a -Cresent moon and a sun. located on the very top of your screen its size wouldnt be so large. OR in an option change for it to be On top of your map HUD shaped like a Bar with 6 Dots Either Yellow or Blue, when each dots start to disappear it would mean that the day is changing, when all of the dots have disappeared and changed color it means the Day has changed.

~Please feel free to leave a comment or a question, I would answer to best of my ability.
And if so, help bring back this old useful tool so Riot would consider this. Email:
llSeekerll@live.com

"Stay thirsty for blood my friends" - llSeekerll

Cdawg44

01-27-2011

hmm... could be interesting. i dunno there were some champs (Night Stalker i think his name was) that were extremely OP at night. but it could open up a whole different aspect of the game. as long as the visual doesn't reduce on screen too much.

Okhrana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2011

Balanar!

Master Eee

01-31-2011

sounds like a good idea! I really like the additional dimension added to the game with the day/night abilities.

Pissfer

01-31-2011

I think it sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure if it's for LoL. Not yet at least. I would think adding a major thing like that to the game won't help any of it's issues that it currently has. However, I've never played DotA, so I won't assume that it's a bad idea. Really, I guess I'm just saying it sounds like a lot of work to balance (especially with the amount of content I would expect to see released with a mechanic like that)

megamanzero2

02-07-2011

it be a huge patch if this happens though.But good job! always love dota for being a REAL TIME strategy

llkeeperll

02-11-2011

Definitely would be a big patch. perhaps can even go with season 2 when it is released.
Other then the sound wavs. lighting and clock. it shouldn't Intefere much with the game play since the sound and lighting effects can be turned off for lower graphic settings. Clock would be 16:00
8 minutes for day 8 minutes for night Hopefully everyone is smart of enough to know what 16 /2 is..
lower graphic setting would just be the number counting up to 16 then reset to 1.
Would be Nice to have this as a normal patch though

"Stay thristy for blood my friends"- llSeekerll

Kamijo

02-11-2011

agree

HabeQuiddam

02-11-2011

This sounds interesting. Sure it'd be interesting to see, though yeah it'd be a lot of work.
It could however make some horribly underpowered champions more useful. I'd suggest eve getting something for it, and nerfing vlad by making him weak during the day.

TwiztedNature

02-14-2011

I think this is an interesting idea, but like some others have said, don't know if it's right for LoL. There are so many champions that would be static whether it's night or day. If you add champions that get boosts during the night (Or the day I guess), either they will be too strong to face for static champions, or else the static champions will steam roll them when they don't have any boosts. WIth all the nerfs that happen on any champion thought to be OP, imagine the toll this would take on champions that gain boosts.