Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1-1-1-2 Strategy Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frosty716

01-24-2011

So, a few of my friends have played arranged team games, normal, to a high degree of success by allowing the three lanes solo, while the other 2 champions jungle. They say it only works if both junglers can gank at level 3, and know when to gank, farm up, push, ward, and counter-jungle if needed. I can see the viable Shaco/Nunu team composition they talk about, that would work well, but I'm looking to learn more, so if anyone can shine some light on the subject, or offer some questions I haven't thought about, it would be great.

Gunflame

01-24-2011

Evelynn should be able to help you out as well... The only real problem I see is that you need to steal some of their jungle to reach lvl 3 fast enough.

Actually that's the only real issue I see... how do you get enough experience to reach lvl 3?

Rawrful

01-24-2011

I've seen it a few times. 1-1-1-2 only works if you have a very strong 1v2 and the enemy has a very weak or very predictable jungler and a team that doesn't help.

The way I've worked 1-1-1-2 involved one jungler starting at our teams blue, one at the opponents red. Jungler 1 jungles like a normal jungler, jungler 2 is a counter jungler/ganker with some lane time. Solo red, gank top, go check if the enemy jungler is at double golems, have mid check theri wraiths so you can tell when their entire top jungle respawns. Constantly take their top jungle whenever it spawns.

If done properly, and if the enemy team doesn't ward their jungle early and start zerging you every time you go in there, you can get some nasty ganks off and get an xp advantage over the enemy team. If it fails, it fails hard and you essentially have one massively under leveled, under golded player.

Zero400

01-24-2011

theres another strat for double jungle but all characters cannot do it. ive only done it with fiddlesticks and then the heaviest DPS char you can think of starting at lvl 1(i used trist)

Fiddle should start with a blue elixer and it would help to have AP, armor, and CDR runes. so you both start at blue and let fiddle get the buff. move to double golems(optional and kind of depends on how much XP u have) then red buff, let the DPS get it obviously. Then u both do dragon and hit lvl 3 while everyone else is 2. and ur both next to bottom and can gank usally geting a double killl because 2 ppl have been pushing against 1 for a minute

nicosharp

01-24-2011

Double-jungle can work well, but it can also fail hard. It really depends on your ability to take your opponents jungle, and your ability to double gank early game.

Frosty716

01-24-2011

all of your insight has been very helpful, and i will soon try the strategy myself, as soon as my aussie friends join me =)

Frosty716

01-24-2011

I've seen them look at the CS of the enemy jungler to tell exactly where they are early game.

seajaydub

01-24-2011

Can't do that anymore though.

Devious Rogue

01-25-2011

If the other team lets you get away with it, you will have a huge advantage over the other team. If not, it might still work, it might just scrape in, or you could be on the short end of the stick.

It's one of those tactics you use when you and 4 friend start level 1 accounts to stomp noobs.

Ebonclaw

01-25-2011

Dual separate junglers is a mistake, and it's why it's so easy to see the strat fail.

The key, is to have 2 junglers who are specifically chosen for their ability to complement eachother - ie, one is a healer, the other is a carry. It's especially potent if one of them can't effectively jungle by themselves, but is a good partner for the first champ.

Typical method is to determine which of the enemy's buffs they are NOT going to start at/near, and kill it super fast at first spawn. Then you head into your jungle and do a clear sweep. If one champ is a healer, let them take blue. If one is ranged, probably let them take red. Get boots, and if there is no clear gank opportunity (nearly always, 1 of the side lanes will be pushed by now), or after your gank, you head into the enemy jungle and hunt down their jungler who has been struggling due to lack of a buff, and the xp/gold it would have awarded.

The only flaw, is that you really do need to keep active. You WILL fall a little behind in levels, but if you gank the enemy jungle, your team will be in a far better position, and if you push him down and force him to lane, you have now secured the entire jungle for your team, and overall progress will be massively shifted to your team.

Likewise, if you realize the enemy team is double jungling, the best thing that you can do is have someone -immediately- leave the 2v1 lane and join your jungler. You have to win the jungle war, it is where the match will be decided.