[FAQ] Leaverbuster Info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kapppp

04-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNoNwtf View Post
He (Rufio990) has won 500 games and left over 220. That just amazes me.

How come he isn't banned permanently, after leaving over 200 games... 200 games WOW!!
you have to think of it like this.. 500 games won... and prob has like 500 or so losses. thats over 1,000 games won or lost and 220 besides that he has left... now think of 1,220 games total you will get more then 220 of those with pure ******s/feeding trolls with bad attitudes. i would rather leave a game then waste my time with morons and trolls also. its a good trade. i have a lot of leaves too... but not 1 of them was from me doing horrible. i have left games i was 12-1-10 in, and 9-0 in. because my team was so stupid and fed so much and was cussing and doing other dumb things, that i just wanted nothing to do with the game. some people like my self do not like playing hard just to have a group of idiots take all your hard work away.

Nixxxer

04-27-2011

it dont say ur banned until a certain time....

Ozsoth

05-02-2011

Ok, I'm sure Riot has thought of alternative means of punishing quitters. That being said, wouldn't a better option be to charge IP for disconnects? Especially if you can base it off of how early they left?

Example: A guy joins a game, plays for about 5 minutes, and dies 4 times with no kills. He rage quits. Congratulations, you've just contributed 500 IP to the Riot General Fund. Yoink.

On the other hand, say you play an entire uphill battle against a really good team but it's basically become the Alamo. The opposing team is better leveled, better equipped, and has most of their towers still intact, while a bunch of super minions is constantly swirling around your front doorstep. You petition for a surrender, but your team mates would rather be stubborn and draw the loss out another 15 minutes. So you quit, since the loss is inevitable and predictably so. You still quit, so you still pay, but it's more like 100 IP instead since you were there for 3/4 of the game.

This keeps an adjustable penalty in place, but makes it more palatable to people who either have real life issues to fix in the middle of a match, or just let their tempers get the better of them a couple times. Most importantly: It encourages people to play the game more, in order to gain back all that hard-earned cash that they lost. The current system just auto-brands you a loser for not prioritizing the game and offers you a rude hand gesture if you don't like it. Wouldn't it be better to send leavers the message "well, if you want to actually afford stuff you better start completing games", rather than "You suck for leaving, Go play something else"?

CrazyAzianFool

05-04-2011

I am curious as to how many games it takes to remove the leaver level etc. and does playing any type of game contribute to this? Does getting a level 2 Leaver/AFK warning and then proceeding to play 20+ custom matches help lower this level? Or must you play normal and ranked games? Also, to lower these Leaver/AFK levels is there a number of matches we play to lower it, or is it judged by a percent? Say you have 20 wins 18 losses and 3 leaves (yes I am basing this off of myself) and you have a leaver level of 2. Would this person have to keep playing games until the ratio/percentage of total games to left games is much smaller (ex. 35 wins 26 losses 3 leaves) or would it be something that Riot has preset? (Preset meaning Riot is saying "To return to level 1 (or whatever normal is) you must play X amount of matches to do so"). I am deeply sorry if these questions have been answered in previous sections of this particular forum because if they have, I have obviously misunderstood them. I would just like to clarify this anyways and if I didn't understand I am sure someone else has also misunderstood. (I am not saying that if I dont understand something that other people cannot, I am simply saying that the hundreds of people who are reading this at least a few of them are on the same level of intelligience with me and most likely have a question similar to this).

Thank You For Your Time~

p.s. I was banned after a game where a guy on the other team began raging about how our playstyles (ganking him in 3v1 while he was seperated from his team) and said he was reporting all of us. Is it possible that he could have reported our "cheating ingame" or something along those lines and contributed to my banning? (Just to rant for a second does having lag where at times you freeze for 25-30 seconds every 5 minutes add up afk timer? If so I can understand why I was banned and will simply play more games to remove this from my record but if not then I do not have any idea why I was banned.)

Arcangel19

05-09-2011

I noticed that there is a major flaw in thease automated banning system. If Riot wants to put an automated banning system i belive is great so as far i can counter the banning.
Let me explain i've play LOL from over a year now but stopped playing for some time. It's true that before people will RQ lots and this is quite annoying leaving your team in disavantage. But as well is true Riot service has deteriorated lots in the past few months making the game lagging much more. I have a really slow connection, and its not my fault since i'm paying the best thease country can provide me ( i pay $200 per month). So basically automated banning system is at all unfair. I dint leave any games ever for RQ but what happens is that it kickes me and doesnt let me re-enter, both of my last leaves ar 0-0-0 so that proves is not a RQ. and obiously after my second leave in a row i posted rigth away a ticket. The system as it is, is not evaluating thease things and so as is annoying for people that needed to play 4v5 is annoying that i get banned for somenthing i dont consider is my fault. Riot could apply thease system if they were efficient at responding their ticket (like many other games are) is just the lack of seriousness that is invading Riot. For example this automated banning system could work if riot put people to answer and control in a chat where it can show the issues that we are having, furthermore the it connection could be checked before game launches and if its not good it should stop the game from launching thease could prevent banning coz bad int connection avvoiding what players wants the most which is not ending up in a 4v5 game. So basically what i have to say is thath riot have not thougth all the way before implementing thease system and this is ougth to the fact that mainly they belive that the will allways have the market since thease is currentely the only game of his kind. Well let me tell you that this lack of commitment will generate other games to come out a good example of this is that in a time everyone shearched in yahoo or at some point all used friendster there is zillion of examples of what happens when a company lacks the ability to cope with new problems and release immediate solutions just because a mayority complains.
I'm sorry for my english problems but is my fourth language and i'm seriously uppset that i'm banned with no possibility for a fast solution and if knew that there was a game similar to lol i would stop playing it right away.
BTW i was banned been in a leve 1 warning so i belive the other 4 players reported me obviously i cannot blame them.
PS I belive that the cherry in the cake is that riot will not deny the fact that it will take days for them to answer tickets. CHAT was inveted for a reason USE IT!

Arteglam

05-10-2011

I don't believe that i got banned account because of this fk error
Doesn't anyone get the same? OMG
=S

Im getting this error when the game starts
I choose my champion then lock and when the game should start i got this message

"generic host process for win32 services"

i have no ideia how to proced
=S

EzraTwitch

05-10-2011

yep after the plethora of why did i get banned posts i just waded through this is getting a bump.

Please Sticky.

Arteglam

05-12-2011

Again account banned because of this fk error
And no action from Riot Owners =S

aymanh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

bump

Sigil of Silence

05-12-2011

I have a question. I've just been suspended (due to unexpected real-life reasons, which I take full responsibility for), and it says I can't play until tomorrow. Does that mean that I have to wait until midnight tomorrow, or do I have to wait 24 hours to resume play?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess I'll find out myself. Thanks anyway.