[FAQ] Leaverbuster Info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doktor42

03-09-2011

Well I'm glad this thread is here, saves me the trouble of making a new pointless thread just to complain.

Honestly, I kind of wish there was a better way for new players to deal with it, I have about 30 games (Estimate), so 3 unfortunate circumstances that made me drop the game so I could deal with real life and I can't play LoL for a day. I guess it's for the best, a good lesson to make sure I can "no-life" whenever I decide to play LoL.

I am wondering how many till I get a permanent ban though, I may be new, but I've already spent 25$ worth in RP and I'd really rather not loose all of that and start over.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

Doktor, there's a few stages before permaban. I know of warning, one day, three day, one week I think is how it works. Hopefully you'll never hit that :-)

Obliviron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

Thank you.
However, this is not true: "Sorry, Riot cannot adjust stats, including ELO, Wins, Losses and Leaves. "
They have access to the database and can easily change it. They WON'T.

Arkard

Wrenchman

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviron View Post
Thank you.
However, this is not true: "Sorry, Riot cannot adjust stats, including ELO, Wins, Losses and Leaves. "
They have access to the database and can easily change it. They WON'T.
It isn't as simple as going into a database and changing a '1' to a '0', actually. Each game has ten people in it(or six), anything that upsets how games turn out could in turn critically affect the system. There can't be seven winners in a game, a 4v5 game cannot exist unless someone is charged with a leave, etc.

Generally, they'll be able to make these changes on a global scale when there is a server-wide issue, because they'll be removing erroneous matches from everyone. On a per person basis, though, this is not feasible.

I cannot speak on the specifics of the system, as I do not work for Riot, but generally speaking this is how things go.

oO BOONEY Oo

03-09-2011

yep well this must be why i was banned, but the last few games i left because i was fighting wither either parents.
so there are reasons why i left, and it dosent deserve a 7 month ban...

FlamingAbys

03-10-2011

Bull**** system, corrupt, cruel and needs reform. That's all I have to say.

MasterGreenFox

03-10-2011

Actually I do have a quite possibly better idea.

If they can make a People Vs. Bots game, I don't see why they can't just replace a person who disconnected / left for various reasons / was away from keyboard for too long, with a "normal" difficulty bot.

Though a bot isn't as good as some people, it still would make a better companion than a missing person. Better yet make the bot semi-control-able by giving the person who has the least Leaves/Total Games and has the most Games Won/Total Games with the commands Top, Mid, Bot, Base, Target. As for the person who left, have them take a point of Leave.

Also have it so that they have to wait for the game to finish if they want to move on to another game so that any Rage leavers have to deal with looking at a boring screen for god knows how long while they contemplate their poor decision to leave.

Finally for the ((Leaves/Total Games)% / Time) make it so that they get placed with similar people in matches.

That's all i can think of off the top of my head at the moment, I'll leave refinements of this to the torrent of posts that follow. I need sleep.

NoodleWangChang

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by necaremus View Post
well i do think, that this is the best possible system - atm.
anyone got a better one?

here is the reason why:
time is the gamebreaker in Leage of Legends.
i even see the flamer loosing couse they spend to much time flaming, lol.^^
you have to somehow gain money and exp faster than your enemy.

this is more important than your stupid kill/death ratio.
i even like to die, because this gives me control over my enemys.
i can run around in the jungle and appear at a "random" location.
i like to take location like a nearly "un-"protected tower.
and i want the enemy to chase me on the way there.
why?
while i get chased every enemy champ isn't able to gain exp or money, because he IS chasing me. he maybe has to run over the whole map.
in this very time my whole team can gain exp + money, while the chasing enemy can't.
you say 1v5 is stupid? i say: "lols, i'm in!"
i like to take tryndamere... couse with that one i can even kill 1-2 while dieing
and even if not... hell, i at least have 6 seconds in which i am complete invul.
maybe i even didn't want to survive, just make the illusion to be "harmless", until i get tryndamere's gamebreaker?

and... lol yeah^^
my kill/death ratio often is around 4/12 or alike.
but i often earn "the most" money in the same time :3
and... hehe, i get further and further ahead in exp, couse i skilled exp and "-deathtime".
i do even like the summoner revive skill. srsly, i do.
and my team profits from it, too. because it gets time to evolve.
this is why i like to die for towers, dragons and stuff ;p
and i like to pick enemys out, if they get "too" strong, not "if i can kill" them.
why?
because i only want the money... i don't want you to realize, that i am a danger

so, srsly guys:
stop flaming - start gaming.
A little late but, have a system like WC3 in frenzies (Frozen Throne mod). When somebody leaves a game, just split the money between the other champions (with the equipment they have, use the sell price to add to the amount the team gets). It would have people who leave not *****, and players who have a teammate leave get help with the money.

leonardoI

04-11-2011

I would like to know at which percentage you get the suspension .

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oG Arkem View Post
A little late but, have a system like WC3 in frenzies (Frozen Throne mod). When somebody leaves a game, just split the money between the other champions (with the equipment they have, use the sell price to add to the amount the team gets). It would have people who leave not *****, and players who have a teammate leave get help with the money.
What exactly happens if the player comes back? The player gets his gold back? If so, how do you take the gold back from his teammates (especially if they already purchased an item with it)? What if a player purposely disconnects and reconnects to give money and then strip it away from his allies?

The system in place aims to prevent players from leaving in the first place rather than distributing resources after someone leaves because fixing player behavior automatically makes the second part superfluous. There has been many ideas on how to make things "fair" after someone leaves, but each has their pros and cons; if no one leaves, there are no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardoI View Post
I would like to know at which percentage you get the suspension .
This information has not been released to the public or to us Wrenchmen to prevent players from abusing that knowledge (ie. "Oh, I'm under the percentage so I'm safe. I'm need to leave in half an hour, but I'll start a game anyway; no harm, no foul, right?")