Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[FAQ] Leaverbuster Info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinnice

07-13-2011

This is ridiculous. After trying roughly 8 times to get into a game after people kept leaving during champion selection, I finally get through and the loading screen gets stuck for a good 10 minutes because two people on my team apparently quit out of their clients. No one's loading bars were moving, it was just frozen.

I sat there and waited for it to either pick up or let us back out into the lobby until I finally had enough and decided to try to move on, the only option I had was to quit out of my LoL client and try to log back in. Upon doing so, I discovered that the "Leaverbuster" had counted the loading failure as me leaving, even though it wasn't a connection issue on my part, I had already loaded the map. As far as I know everyone else in my game got stuck with the same punishment.

Trying to contact Riot through their ticketing system has been useless. This incident has drastically hurt my opinion of the game. A system that punishes players for trying to play the game is, for lack of a better word, broken.

It may be doing do some good by cutting down on the amount of rage-quitters, but it should take client crashes or server failures into account. That may be asking too much though.

Draghinaazzo

07-13-2011

Why in god's name is a the leaverbuster on during instabilty/updates?!?!?!?

Smiley

07-17-2011

Many people need to read this.

S3kir3i

07-18-2011

sr but why my account has been suspended. Ihave never left or troll.
Can i take my account back, plz!!!

killer212

07-19-2011

i was playing lol 2day in the afternoon i wanted 2 play 2night but i tried to log in to my account and it said banned december 12, 2222 and i want to play i havnt left a game in a while but i have left a lot of games back when they didng have week banns and i got dced alot to internet but now i got new internet and earlry 2day i was playing then i cant get on i really want to play and ive spent about 250$ on the game... and my last game was 2day as twitch and we won i went 7/15/13 that was a bad game tho.... idk if someone reported me for 15 deaths

plz riot help this

xXYuusukeXx

07-20-2011

same problem here but ill be banned till december 15 2222

GodSightDaLegend

07-22-2011

I was banned around 1:00 AM two days ago. It's 4:30 AM and I am STILL BANNED I've been banned for three and a half hours more than I was supposed to receive! What's the reason for this why have they not told me they were going to increase my time and why does the message still say Friday 22th July. Or have they changed the whole unbanned at the same time you were banned thing?

GodSightDaLegend

07-22-2011

Quote:
killer212:
but i have left a lot of games back when they didng have week banns

More than likely you have been permanent ban for getting so many week bans. According to the support forum they periodically sweep records and ban those with continual week bans. That or yours is glitched like mine is.

Frith360

07-22-2011

I received my first ban, and I'm not going to lie I'm pretty pissed about it. I'm a fairly new player, and have like 30somethin wins, 2 losses, 2 leaves (1 I left cause we had 2 other leaves and were getting stomped). Today was my 3rd leave due to me getting a call from my wife at work telling me she got off early.

The worst part is, I only play vs CPU, I don't do ranked or PVP against other players. How the hell does this affect other players? Just turn my char into a bot like the others when I leave and presto, problem solved.

It's incredibly annoying to leave other MMOs for LoL because it is more casual friendly for people who may not have a ton of time to sit down for a game, but then find out they really don't care about why people left. An impartial system like this is only going to alienate people further. I was debating buying some more riot points (bought some to get Nocturne because he looked fun), but I'll be ****ed if I spend another cent on the game now that I know they may yank the rug out from under me at any point for things outside my control.

my 2cp

Madman Reborn

07-22-2011

So out of 32 games you left 3 times? That is HUUGGEEE. You should be pissed at yourself for leaving so many times. Even in a bot game, I once had to play a 2vs5 bot game because of people like you and I can tell you it was no fun at all. But i'm not a quitter and I really didn't want to lose vs bots.

You got banned because you have a leave percentage of about 10%, In percpective, 2% is already considered a leave percentaged high enough to be banned. DON't LEAVE your games! Not even when other have preceeded you. Get the message, learn your lesson. Leavers are not appreciated in this game.