Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morgana - Guide to the Highly Aggressive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

F3nr1s

Recruiter

01-17-2010

Ok i edited it up, especially in the closing comments, my final conclusion on health runes vs CDR runes.

KCao

01-17-2010

Have you ever considered getting ignite for AP morgana because early game is extremely fun. Hit a tormented soil and a dark binding and then ignite and watch the HP melt away haha. If you have your ulti even worse melting of hp plus the stun if they survive XP. Plus the ignite skill in the offense tree serves to give her some additional AP damage.

I have to agree to some other people about the fact that in higher ELO games morgana tends to become rarer and is more likely to go for a survival build rather than damage.

Kadzin

01-17-2010

Great guide!
I only played moregana on week 7 when she was available
I plan to buy her now, shes just so clutch!
And fun as hell.
Just need a bit more IP >_< lol
I wish the soul siphon spell returned a bit more health
maybe like 10% at least but i guess it would be kind of overpowered if it did.
Also i think you should add a section of
Great/Bad partners and Great/Bad enemies

F3nr1s

Recruiter

01-17-2010

yea im planning on it when i get the time. i just today added the tactics section, which will eventually be expanded.
i LOVE laning with a blitz

TNPenguin

01-18-2010

Ty very much it's a nice guide! Morgana is now my fav char lol.. She owns!

bobthegood

01-18-2010

Note on summoner spells:

Flash + Ult is win. Rather than having to walk up and position yourself for team fights you can just blink to where you need to be. I play Morgana with a Malphite and our combo is one of the best team fight initiators.

Sorce

01-18-2010

What do you guys thiink about using magic penetration runes? That is the first build I have gone with, and so far it seems to be doing ok for me. However, after doing some reading about the penetration mechanic, I may change a few of them out for capping purposes.

Typically, when I go 1vs.1 (and a lot of times 1vs.2) I can win more often than not, no matter who it is, unless it is Mundo or Trynd and they have their ulti's up. If I have all my cd's up, I can drop most within the the dark bind timer. Also, if you are lucky to be on a team that allows you to mid and/or be the carry, Morgana is a beast, since you most likely will have 3-4 levels on your enemies. I was in a few matches with my friends, and wasn't exactly our carry, but I held upper lane solo, and got far enough ahead that I started roaming one side of the map while Udyr held down the other. It was a fun game to say the least. I had just as many kills (if not more) and only 2 deaths.

Now all of this could be because I am presumably in the lower ELO games, I dont know. Has anyone else tried the penetration runes?

F3nr1s

Recruiter

01-18-2010

Simply put, no its not good.

Does it help? Absolutely, but in terms of its effectiveness compared to CDR/HP/AP it somewhat sucks. A fully stacked magic pen (meaning all but seals which dont have megic pen) gives you a 19.35 pen at lvl 18. Typically champs start with a base 30 so even then it will not give bonus damage, just less reduced and at that very little. Any sort of MR item will render is completely and utterly useless (FoN being the huge one) meaning there was little point in having them. Getting CDR/HP/AP only effects you meaning nothing your opponents do will render it useless. For a support morgana I would suggest stacking CDR whereas the AP dps build i have is all hp runes with CDR glyphs.

Just my opinion on it, anyone else have any other ideas?

Oh and I appreciate the support TNPenguin.

Sorce

01-18-2010

Yes, that 19% plus the 15% mastery is really nice for ealy - mid game, not to mention the 40% from the void staff which is usually my first item. So in early game, I usually have roughly 14% from runes (not using the scaling runes atm), 15% from mastery and 40% from void. Thats 69% early on. But as I said, I realize now that it only brings their mr down to zero, and that I need reduction to go further with it. (Which I get from items as well)

Alas though, I will definitely try the other build to see if it as much fun

Although now that i think about it, I wonder how the flat penetration and the percent penetration work, as a separate reduction.

F3nr1s

Recruiter

01-18-2010

the runes are not percent magic pen they are just flat magic pen. so it is not 19% just 19. As for percent you take the persons MR and multiply it by 0.XX (the percent mp) and that is the amount that it is reduced by. I am not sure of the order in which they are applied tho (percent and then flat? or flat then percent?)